Invent something

Home Forum Chat Forum Invent something

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Invent something
  • Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Hoverboard.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Mute button for kids.

A woman who…

… No, I’ll get banned 😈

A pedal-driven, single-track vehicle, with two wheels attached to a frame, one behind the other.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

No rules.

I’ll have a washing machine that then morphs transformers-style into an ironing board and iron, irons contents and places neatly onto hangers.

toys19

a way of shedding 4 stone in about 5 minutes.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I spent ages as a kid trying to invent the self unpacking dishwasher. My final design? Two dishwashers 🙂

I did think it would be a dream job to invent ridiculously costly machines to do cool stuff to sell to rich people. Like a machine for making sanndwiches.

jools182

Something to stop my hair falling out 🙁

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

A clip on collar that can be attached to a bike top tube with a set of numerical wheels that a bike owner can rotate to the current date when they ride their bike. This can then be given to those who leave their bikes at communal bike racks*. The rack “manager” then surveys the date bracelets on all the bikes say, once every month. If there’s a bike without a bracelet he fits one and sets the date to the survey date. If a bike has a date older than 1 month he puts a note on the bike saying that if it isnt used/removed within another month it will be marked for removal.

If anyone sets a date in the future to game it, then the manager winds it back to the survey date.

* Im thinking Paddington Train station where bikes are abandoned for 12 months at a time taking up valuable space.

Premier Icon valleydaddy
    Subscriber

simple a money tree 😀

Premier Icon valleydaddy
    Subscriber

simple a money tree 😀

Variable diameter bike wheels. Adjust to suit the terrain and fashion.

rj

Stand alone solar powered air conditioning unit to keep parked cars cool in hot countries.

Tiny CNC drill to allow dentists to drill your teeth remotely.

RF tag in your clothes that talk to your washing machine and make sure you don’t have them on the wrong cycle.

A plant pot that changes colour to tell you the plant needs watered.

Shoes with steel pins in the soles that allow them to bend, but don’t wear down.

qwerty

Contentment.

Something millions of people need a solution and willing to pay £100.

nick1962

Something that links all gym machines to the National Grid and converts user effort into power for the nation.

noteeth

A robotic version of myself, capable of being sent to work whilst I go riding.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

toys19 – Member
    a way of shedding 4 stone in about 5 minutes.

I think prior art would prevent me from being able to patent ‘swimming with sharks’

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Solar powered plant pot rotator.

BTW you can specify a solar panel on a new Prius that powers the fan when the car’s off to keep it cool. Takes up the whole roof and coats £1500 but still isn’t enough to power the compressor.

Premier Icon neilc1881
    Subscriber

I’m going to apply for a patent on self adjusting stem/handlebars that detect the type of terrain being ridden and adjust themselves to suit. A typical scenario being that on a climb the stem lengthens and handlebars narrow, descending they automatically widen and the stem shortens. The deluxe model will incorporate sensors in the bars that narrow when trees are detected.
    I also have plans for a force field that will repel gorse/bracken/nettles between the months of May and October. That is a little further off production though.

edit – Oh and I’ve just invented a Bike Park Wales converter that will switch every tyre/wheelsize/travel length/confectionery item etc to the optimum necessary for surviving Bike Park Wales. It is in production and can be bought now. Send £50 to my PayPal account for the solution to all your BikeParkWales related problems.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

They make adjustable rise stems, but I fancy a telescopic one. Not necessarily on the fly either. 30-100mm.

FeeFoo

An alternate universe where you have to eat veg, salad and fruit in moderation.
    But, on the other hand you must consume “five a day” of chocolate, fried food, red meat, fat, alcohol, fags and drugs.

Weird universe ths one.

samuri

A driver behaviour tagging system.

Every driver gets to tag any other driver every fifty miles.
    If someone cuts you up or drives badly, you tag em. All electronically.

Once s driver has say three tags, their car has it’s power halved for the rest of the day.
    Continued tags will force the windows open, stereo off etc.

Persistent tagged drivers have to do s producer/education or something.

A cure for cancer, needed in the next few weeks please for my dad.

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

A “what tyres for…” App

crikey

A cure for cancer, needed in the next few weeks please for my dad.

Surgery and radiotherapy and chemotherapy are kind of cures, but I can see and appreciate the pain and frustration and hopeful hopelessness behind your sentence; they worked for my dad, I hope they do for yours.

Subscriber

Sorry Lady, really hope things work out.

oldnpastit

A device that lets parents understand what’s going on in their teenage sons’ heads, and helps teenage sons see just how pointless some of their actions are….

samuri

A device that lets parents understand what’s going on in their teenage sons’ heads,

What was going inside my head when I was a teenager has been made into a video game.

allthepies

hat was going inside my head when I was a teenager has been made into a video game.

Black bloke wearing wifebeater with a baseball bat and angry dog ? Mmmmmkay.

samuri

There were probably two dogs

Subscriber

Black bloke wearing wifebeater with a baseball bat and angry dog ? Mmmmmkay.

Racist.

One of those devices in Matrix that enables you to download skills and knowledge instantly. My first download would be how to Manual for more than about 5 seconds.

They make adjustable rise stems, but I fancy a telescopic one. Not necessarily on the fly either. 30-100mm.

Like this ?

Premier Icon hot_fiat
    Subscriber

System of patents that are cheap to file, secure and enforce, internationally.

tommo999

A teleporter, to make it easier to travel to great mtb riding destinations, amongst other places.

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

Instant hangover cure pills or gel.

Subscriber

A driver behaviour tagging system.

Every driver gets to tag any other driver every fifty miles.
    If someone cuts you up or drives badly, you tag em. All electronically.

Once s driver has say three tags, their car has it’s power halved for the rest of the day.
    Continued tags will force the windows open, stereo off etc.

Persistent tagged drivers have to do s producer/education or something.

this is a slightly more longwinded version of my ‘fitting Gatso cameras with laser guided weaponry’ invention also known as the ‘fixed death penalty’

Grass that grows to exactly 1″ and then stops.

A dog that knows how to shi tinto a litter tray.

Batteries that can be instantly recharged by draining & refilling electrolyte.

A “what tyres for…” App

Should be fairly simple, it can pick one of Minion DHF or High Roller at random.

An internet forum browser and automatic contributer so I don’t have to waste my life reading and writing this stuff.

Needs a pednat mode, troll mode, all hope is gone mode etc

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

A reversible sterilization device, fitted to all children when born. If, one they are adults, they want kids, they have to sit in front of a panel of police, social work, health and education people to justify this and, if successful in their application, they can have the sterilization reversed.

I’d also reinvent the calendar so we had an eight day week with three day weekend. The extra day would be called Rideday.

Subscriber

Batteries that can be instantly recharged by draining & refilling electrolyte.

Thats pretty much a fuel cell isn’t it? Invented in 1838.

emsz

A hair brush that has a colour/highlights option, so as you brush your hair, it could put any colour in you wanted or high/low lights whatever that last a day or so, or when you wash it out.

I know, amazing idea right? 🙂

organic355

Dammit this was my idea

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGghQkeUfnk[/video]

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

A sleep condenser.

Allows you to have 12 hours sleep in 6 hours. Perfect for people who work hard, play hard or have young kids.

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Invent something’ is closed to new replies.