Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Intruder killed.
  • epicyclo

santacruzsi – Member
    This is 2 streets away from me. Bit scary either way wherever you are, but more so so close to home!

Don’t worry, there’s only one of them now….

Nonsense
    Free Member

Further to the above answers from people who have a brain. Regardless of the necessity of obtaining a taped interview under PACE there are a number of forensic samples that would have to be taken. For example clothing for blood pattern analysis, hand swabs, nail clippings, DNA sample, fingerprints and body mapping of any defensive injuries to the homeowner. The only way to do this is to arrest the individual. In the circumstances there is no way of knowing what happened and being able to gather evidence lawfully and efficiently. So there was no other option open to the investigating officers. If it turns out that he was using reasonable force to defend himself and his property then he will not face any charges. Amazes me that so many laypeople think they know exactly how the police work because they watched an episode of the Bill once in 1998.

konabunny
    Free Member

Yup that sounds about right to me. Imagine you’ve just faught for you life with an indtruder in your home. First thing the police do is arrest you on suspicion of murder. Surely at least initialy the facts can be established without arresting the homeowner.

I’m hardly a police hugger by instinct but I think you’re making assumptions about what scene presented itself to the first officers on the scene and how soon after that arrival the guy was arrested.

When the riots were kicking off the cops came to my shop with a rules of engagement leaflet.
    We didn’t have to be attacked to defend our shop only needed to feel threatened. Also in the heat of the moment we didn’t need to worry about what was reasonable force.
    I took this to mean we could do whatever we liked .

Sounds like badly-written advice.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Think I pass the wife most mornings, there can’t be many champagne gold maserati 3200gt’s in the local area (looks awful!)

enfht
    Free Member

Sounds like a good outcome, good riddance

trailmonkey

of course they had to arrest the murderer – how the hell do people expect the police to be able to beat a confession out of someone unless they’re in custody.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It is the third one of these in only a few months in the Greater Manchester area, is violent breaking and entering on the increase in the area?

It’ll start reducing again with a few more of these killings 🙂

deviant
    Free Member

Konabunny….there is provision in law for a pre-emptive strike if you genuinely believe your safety or life is in danger.

To have a situation whereby somebody has to harm you first is ludicrous….if you are threatened by somebody you are legally entitled to fight your way out of that situation before any harm comes to you….this is something the police taught me in fend-off training years ago when i started with the ambulance service.

Of course you are still bound by the definition of ‘reasonable force’….but as the police release more information on this case it would appear the man was outnumbered and at some point his wife and child were involved in the situation, i think most people would fight tooth and nail to protect their family….i hope common sense prevails and he walks free with no charges.

Stoner
    Free Member

Amazes me that so many laypeople think they know exactly how the police work because they watched an episode of the Bill once in 1998.

Much like they know how finance works because they have an overdraft 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

trailmonkey

is that the blank confession form ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m incensed!! Outrageous it is.

How’s work going tm? 😛

trailmonkey

not good dd, still not been paid for aug – shysters 😥

not going in until they pay me and have an interview this afternoon for another job.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

not good dd, still not been paid for aug – shysters

not going in until they pay me and have an interview this afternoon for another job.

B’stards! Time to take the law into your own hands I think. Riot!

trailmonkey

i considered rioting but i think i’ll just stay in and revise for my ou exam instead.

DezB
    Free Member

So where’s taxi25’s post saying – “Ah, that’s fully and comprehensively answered my question. Thanks guys!” ??

hora
    Free Member

I can see what happened. Two males going round trying doors (due to time of day I imagine not many would lock their doors) then using the idea of two men in your house/the surprise and probably carrying screwdrivers etc you’d probably **** yourself and let them take something if you confronted them.

After all- better to let them get away with a TV than face something violent?

If they are lucky, more than likely the home owner would be a female or male etc in their 50’s or 60’s or one male on his own.

Occasionally though they’d enter the home of someone who (probably didnt even know he had it in him himself) just reacted very very strongly back.

epicyclo

I’ve got absolutely no sympathy for the intruder.

However if I had killed a violent home invader, I would expect that the police would be taking me in for investigation, which means arrest. Hopefully I would be savvy enough under the stress to insist on the presence of a lawyer before saying anything.

chewkw
    Free Member

Normal police procedures I am afraid but I guess the best thing to do is not to enter another’s house without invitation. Nahhh … I say cull the population …

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can see what happened.

Have you offered yourself to either the prosecution or defence teams as an expert witness hora? There aren’t enough of your types around.

I foresee a tv series spin-off following your work.

hora
    Free Member

So what else happened? A two man team were delivering extra large pizzas and one is always alittle inpatient and knocked and entered the wrong house?

konabunny
    Free Member

hora – you’ve got a remarkably active imagination! What did they have for breakfast that morning?

Konabunny….there is provision in law for a pre-emptive strike if you genuinely believe your safety or life is in danger

I’m not getting into that. I’m saying that if the police leaflet left someone thinking “we could do whatever we liked”, it wasn’t well written because that’s not what the law is.

hora
    Free Member

If anyone entered my house they’d join the charity door knockers and gas salesmen in my purpose-made sex swings in the cellar 8)

chewkw
    Free Member

hora – Member

So what else happened? A two man team were delivering extra large pizzas and one is always alittle inpatient and knocked and entered the wrong house?

No excuse there … cull and blame it on bad pizzas experience and people who cannot find the right address. 😆

hora
    Free Member

Anyway

enfht
    Free Member

The most amazing aspect has to be the intruder’s shameless family turning up at the scene and laying flowers!

Dobbo

The most amazing aspect has to be the intruder’s shameless family turning up at the scene and laying flowers!

They were probably nicked from the local cemetery.

Bunnyhop

Dobbo- those flowers have now been removed ( I suspect by neighbours).

Samuri

Ooh, hark at her!

Yep, lived in a one bed flat next to a gorgeous 5 bed house. May as well live in a nice area. No room for the bikes though, so had to move to somewhere grotty 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

taxi25 – Member
    I don’t do internet arguments

So you make a deliberately provocative posting on an internet forum with anti police undertones and expect full and complete agreement with you? Perhaps they should just invite him down to the police station for an informal chat over tea and scones, if they fancy it? 🙄

fisha
    Free Member

Its the procedure to follow. You are faced with a situation where one person has killed another … with, by the sounds of it, a level of pre-meditation ( i.e. he’s picked up a knife from somewhere and used it ). He has to be arrested/detained for further enquiry.

And let the enquiry / court decide.

hora
    Free Member

Poor ****. Minding his own business and now hes got a lifetime of bad memories and hassle from something that wasn’t his choice in his own home.

Plus what the **** was a 37yr old doing carrying out an aggravated burglary? Shouldn’t he have retired or grown out of that phase?!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Better bad memories than a dead child Hora.

hora
    Free Member

Stretford a couple of years back after a minor road/traffic incident a family was followed back to their home and the two guys forced their way into the home and put the father in a coma/in hospital. It was about ‘respect’ apparently.

What is wrong with people?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He’s been released on bail now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-14968236

If it was a serious charge, they’d not release him, yes?

bigyinn
    Free Member

hora – Member
    What is wrong with people?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCSJrvSKm94[/video]

taxi25
    Free Member

So you make a deliberately provocative posting on an internet forum with anti police undertones and expect full and complete agreement with you? Perhaps they should just invite him down to the police station for an informal chat over tea and scones, if they fancy it?

I have to agree my sympathies tend to lie with the homeowner in this sort of instance. I was just thinking how I might feel being arrested in the same circumstances. Asking a question is being ” deliberatly provocative ” ?????? Maybe it is to some people, or is anything posted on here just an excuse for an argument or ridicule. 🙁
    Oh yes some of the more considered replies have shown to me that arresting the home owner probably is the best way to deal with the matter, for everyone.

konabunny
    Free Member

Maserati and a Range Rover? Self-employed Manchester businessman? Hmmm…

If it was a serious charge, they’d not release him, yes?

Not necessarily – you can get bail for murder. http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/a_to_c/bail/

totalshell

you can eneter someones home by accident .. i’ve done it. got called to fix a boiler went to house at about 7pm gave it may best debt collectors knock.. no reply could see family watching telly in kitchen.. knocked like the world would end.. no one blinked in house rang doorbell etc etc opened door ajay shouting hello its the plumber no one blinks walks in shouting hi its the plumber no one blinks.. bloke jumps up shouting wtf etc etc .. i was in 33a not 33.. so it aint all cut and dry

yeh love the range rover maserati and the courier van outside must pay well van driving..

konabunny
    Free Member

Here’s the case that it reminded me of: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-10808704 Bearing in mind that very few facts have been established and disclosed, the only difference between the cases so far (in the absence of factual differences) is how sympathetic the reporting has been. Of course, it’ll all shake out in the investigation (and subsequent prosecution, if there is one) because that’s why you have them.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8776004/Man-charged-over-raid-which-saw-burglar-stabbed.html

Seems like the poor chap who got stabbed was an upstanding member of society. Oh wait.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Intruder killed.’ is closed to new replies.