• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by aP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Intimations of mortality
  • aP
    Free Member

Just discovered that another college friend has died.
    Makes you think a bit doesn’t it?

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Were you on the same flight that serendipitously dodged disaster?

In which case yes, I would think a bit.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What does it make you think, ap?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spchantler
    Free Member

human life ends shock! sorry to seem insensitive op, but its the one thing that unites all people. we get born and then the only definite thing in our life is that one day we will get dead. its what you do between that counts. copy and paste this to 10 of your friends or a puppy will die. somewhere.

dazzlingboy

bit harsh all – think AP just needs a hug.

jamj1974

aP. I agree it definitely does – completely normal in my opinion. I am 38 but lost a few friends the same age when relatively young (8, 19, 29.). My dad dying last year also made me think about the time/stuff we spent/did together and the time I spend with all the JAMJ juniors. It can be very sobering – I have no advice to give, but I always focus on a few things (As many do…): –
    – remembering the good times
    – plans and do the things I mean to get around to some day
    – change things I know I should
    – remind people how much I value and love them
    – do something for the person I have lost e.g I used to speak to my dad each day and he always used to ask me to kiss the children for him – so each night I give them a kiss from me as always – but also one from him…

Maybe I am sentimental or simplistic – but these things help me so I do them.

Look after yourself,

J

aP
    Free Member

[edit] Was checking an industry website today and they had an obituary for someone I knew 86-88. I just felt sad. Mostly for his family.
    And a little bit of reflection that life moves on and gradually people you know aren’t there any more.
    Just seems a shame and a sad loss. Sighs. Has drink in memory of Jonny.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Intimations of mortality’ is closed to new replies.