Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Internet Rummagings | The Pick Your Own Geometry Edition
  • tomhoward

Welcome to this month’s edition of Internet Rummagings, where I rummage around in the more embarrassing parts of the internet, so you don’t have to! ( …

By tomhoward

Get the full story on our front page at:

Internet Rummagings | The Pick Your Own Geometry Edition

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

rOcKeTdOg

Those Ti cranks are not high on the beauty chart are they?

down_and_across

Strong cthulhu vibes from that stem…

Northwind

Rather like that Fenrir…

Braking(tm) are, more or less, the people responsible for wavey shaped brake discs, love ’em or hate ’em the buck stops in Italy (I don’t like them, because it’s mostly bullshit, but I also like them because they look cool and so I have Braking discs on the motorbike)

I like that they’ve been around for ages but in 2021 being called “Braking” makes you think of cheap chinese stuff, like Snail chainrings and Bikein pads.

big_scot_nanny

Ra hard tail is indeed lovely. Thanks for the run through Tom, enjoyable written and interesting content. (How’s that for some boring middle aged feedback!) 🙂

ThePinkster

That Moss G5 was built just down the road from me – they make some lovely track bikes as well.

I had a go at trying to turn the crank under my own power but not a chance. The long seat stays are for the parachute.

And yes, it’s a suspension post.

Del

interested to hear about the ra but the dawley doesn’t look bad value in a world where a chameleon is 850 quid.

tomhoward

I’ll do another thread on the Rå in a couple of weeks, when my frame arrives 😀.

zerocool

Those internal cable ports look way prettier than the BTR and Marino ones which just look like a bit of pipe sticking out of the tube. Bikes look nice as well.

nickc

What on earth is going on on the chain stay on that OTT cycle, looks intriguing, can anyone explain for the hard of engineering?

ThePinkster

What on earth is going on on the chain stay on that OTT cycle,

@nickc
    It looks like a chain tug built into the chainstays and then the derailleur mechanism behind the bb acts as an automatic chain tensioner, making it easier to change the gear at the back.

I’m guessing the tug could also change the stay lengths too.

Pure guesswork on my part though.

rootes1

@ThePinkster

OTT bike, as there is a cable going there, plus parellogram and what appears to be high/low stops I suspect that this is a derailleur system rear and then tensioner front – like bikes in the 1930 before Campy invented the ‘modern’ derailleur/tensioner – see osgear as example from mid 1930s:
    https://mariposabicycles.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Praderio_details_01-1024×683.jpg

Also now see the Lal Supredrive

Lal Bikes Supre Drive – A Better Derailleur Solution?

What goes around and all that! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Internet Rummagings | The Pick Your Own Geometry Edition’ is closed to new replies.