Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Internet radios
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Anyone know much about them? I’m after a little unit for the bedroom that does internet radio, DAB and mp3 and sounds reasonably good. Been looking at the Monitor Audi Airstream 10. Reviews seem to be decent, just wondered if anyone had any experience of them.

Ta.

surfer
    Free Member

Not as slick as your solution but my bed clock radio has a jack plug so I plug my Android in whilst charging and use Tunein radio.

redfordrider
    Free Member

iPhone with tunein app. You can use a cable to connect to speakers if needed.

AngusWells

I have a Roberts one; WM202. Internet Radio, DAB, FM and the ability to access your I tunes. The latter of those is not good as you need an extra subscription. However, as I live abroad it means I have access to real time BBC radio at any time which is a God send. How else to keep up with the every day tale of country folk in Ambridge? I guess I could use a lap top and go through the BBC site (or any other radio station in the world that broadcasts via the Internet) but it means firing it up each time. The Roberts radio turns on just like a normal radio. Also it doesn’t use a lot of juice unlike You Tube so it doesn’t seem to affect other applications that are running.

Downsides? The broadband can drop out occasionally but that is not a fault of the radio. Some sports events can’t be broadcast across the internet for rights reasons. I think Grands Prix and some football fall into this category but I can live without that.

In sum, I’d not be without it out here. In the UK I would probably have one if I was in a poor DAB reception area or I wanted to listen to foreign stations.

zilog6128

I have a couple of Logitech Squeezebox radios at work (can’t pick up normal radio signals). They are brilliant, great sound quality and can go really loud without distortion for such a little unit.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Should have said, I’m using my Galaxy with internet stations (tunein and digitallyimported) connected to two x-mini II speakers. Just a pain having to keep the speakers charged up as well as having the charger for the phone. Looks messy. Sounds OK. I just figured a one box with a decent speaker in would look better and be less of a faff.

seosamh77
    Free Member

+1 for phone with tune in radio. just set up an amp with some decent speakers and have a jack plug coming from it. probably be able to set up something wireless if you googled it.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the headphone output from phones often leaves a lot to be desired…

seosamh77
    Free Member

the headphone output from phones often leaves a lot to be desired

we’re talking about interweb radio. A jack is sufficient.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

we’re talking about interweb radio. A jack is sufficient

a jack has nothing to do with it – it is the headphone amps that are poor.

some internet broadcasts are at 192kb, even 128kb is enough to show up the difference and the poor quality of the headphone output.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Internet radios’ is closed to new replies.