Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Internet radio
  • AdamW
    Free Member

I have a new cheapo hifi and have plugged an airport express in the AUX port. I now have internet radio but there’s thaaaasands of stations.

Anyone recommend any of them there internet radio stations?

sadexpunk

6 music

thecaptain
    Free Member

Radio 4 and 5live 🙂

Pook

Addicted to radio blues classics

CountZero

I find all the music I need on 6Music, but CBC Radio 2 was pretty good, all Canadian indy rock, there’s KROQ in LA, which plays interesting stuff, and used to have some eye-opening late-night programming.
    Other than those, I never have time, or inclination to go exploring.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Some of the American Indie stations can be quite good. I imagine you’d have to do a bit of hunting around though. I’m all about spottily playlists these days. 😀

EDIT: Reading CZ’s post above, I mean North American.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

soma.fm have some ok stations – boot liquor for countryy and groove salad for ambient noises.
    Also pretty much anything from Colombia will get you whipping through the house work. And pretty much anything from Jamaica to chhhhillllll oouuuttt mmmmaaaannn

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Listening to 6 Music now. Also like Absolute Radio 90’s. Not been very adventurous with my internet radio since I got it. Will get round to it.

sadexpunk

Listening to 6 Music now. Also like Absolute Radio 90’s. Not been very adventurous with my internet radio since I got it. Will get round to it.

yeah i usually put absolute 90s on at weekend when i dont much care for whats on 6 music. i usually use dab radio tho which doesnt seem to pick up any ‘absolutes’ other than 80s, 90s and plain absolute.
    is absolute 70s internet only? i know it exists but my radio doesnt pick it up,

tinribz
    Free Member

Kerrang.

zippykona

is absolute 70s internet only?

Its on dab in the londonshire borders.
    If you can’t get it just alternate between the worst Blondie song you can find and Abba.

faint
    Free Member

181.FM, like soma, lots of different stations.
    currently listening to San Francisco’s 70’s hits (as I haven’t found an alternative indie channel)
    6 music and that are the “go to” but always nice to seek out something different

wooobob

WNCW is one we stumbled upon driving through Carolina and now listen to at home. I also like Folk Radio UK (FRUKIE), Devil’s Night Radio, and a bit of Big Blue Swing! Internet radio rools 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

XFM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Internet radio’ is closed to new replies.