Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Internet Radio.
  • woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Just got myself one of those new fangled network audio players and as well as playing Spotify, iTunes, etc, it can stream approximately 17 billion internet radio stations from across the world.

Could be quite time consuming to give them all a listen so wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

Regular 6music listener if that helps…..:

gauss1777
    Free Member

Well I would highly recommend Fip: a French radio station, that plays an eclectic mix somewhat like 6music but better imho. For me it has the advantage that there is little chat and of that there is I understand 1 in a 100 words.
    I will be as interested as you in others suggestions, as as you say, where does one start.
    Hope that helps.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

cafe cody

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Cheers – will give them a go!

retrorick

Last year I listened to an internet radio station which played xmas songs all year round. It was pretty good as there are plenty of xmas tunes knocking around which never are played on UK radio. Can’t remember the station’s name at the moment but was easy to find.

andykirk
    Free Member

Another vote for FIP – absolutely brilliant selection.

DezB
    Free Member

an internet radio station which played xmas songs all year round

That sounds fantastic. I might get an internet radio just for that.

Last time I looked the stations were categorised, so you can browse stations by their content type. ie. “Christmas” “Indie” “80s shite” that sorta thing.

surfer
    Free Member

I like Fip, any similar stations in Spanish to help my poor Spanish language skills at the same time?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Don’t know what FIP is, but RTVE3 used to get listened to in Spain.

pondo

Loving FIP, thank you! 🙂

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Just got myself one of those new fangled network audio players and as well as playing Spotify, iTunes, etc, it can stream approximately 17 billion internet radio stations from across the world.

Just like every smartphone, tablet or laptop on the planet then. But yeah – go you 😀

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Just out of curiosity, which network audio player is it?

wwaswas

Soho Radio.

dmck16
    Free Member

NTS Radio

Newtown Radio is ok too.

avdave2

I was going to say fip but it looks like it might have been mentioned already 🙂

Someone used to rebroadcast it in Brighton on fm and I started listening to it on that years ago.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Zzjabzz – It’s a Cambridge Audio Azur 851N.

Very impressed to date.

ingwerfuchs
    Free Member

I like WICB Ithaca.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We fire up SomaFM’s “Christmas in Frisco” every year. NSFW or young children

https://somafm.com/xmasinfrisko/

Currently playing Afroman’s ‘Violent Night’ from A Colt 45 Xmas. there are a surprising number of HipHip Christmas records

zippykona

What Christmas station that isn’t dreary crooners or play shakey?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

how about ‘Santa’s Pissed Off’ by Andy Dick & The Bitches Of The Century?
    https://somafm.com/xmasinfrisko/songhistory.html

I’d forgotten how good Christmas in frisco is….

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

I have a Christmas themed gangster rap album somewhere that includes ‘Santa’s got a motherf**king uzzi’.

There’s also an ace Trojan compilation of Christmas reggae / ska.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

It’s a Cambridge Audio Azur 851N.

Oh, very nice. Out of my range. I settled on the Yamaha CDN-301 for my budget. Happy though 🙂

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

radio meuh for french hip-hoppy, electro and funk goodness with no adverts/many DJs

Paradise Radio – very eclectic and commercial free

alexpalacefan

Bookmarked, thanks guys. Will be coming back after Santa brings my new internet radio.

APF

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Been listening to FIP quite a bit this week and it’s ace – cheers for the suggestion peeps

ulysse
    Free Member

Gaydio Has some awesome playlists if You can ignore the adverts

http://gaydio.co.uk

deadkenny
    Free Member

Checking out FIP. Seems pretty good.

scratch
    Free Member

Love NTS and WFMU.

andykirk
    Free Member

The best thing about FIP is idly fantasising about any French lady that speaks on it….

chorlton
    Free Member

Quite liking this FIP. Something else to drive the missus mad when she wants Heart FM on. 🙂

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Any sports channel recommendations?!?!?

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Found this article online with more recommendations:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/radio/what-to-listen-to/the-best-internet-radio-stations/

Can’t help with sports though apart from the obvious 5 Live / Talksport.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

KEXP seattle

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The best thing about FIP is idly fantasising about any French lady that speaks on it….

Gave FIP a listen just now and think I may need to go have a quiet lie down in a darkened room to compose myself.

CountZero

For a while I used to listen to CBC 3 Canada, a bit like 6Music, but plays loads of interesting Canadian Indy music.
    I even found a station on the Faroe Islands that plays some interestingly wierd folky stuff.

xico
    Free Member

Thanks to all those who recommended FIP.

sirromj

Just listening to Paradise Radio right now, nice.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Internet Radio.’ is closed to new replies.