Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • International “Park like a @&#+=* day”
  • matt_outandabout

Stirling uni was full of them today including these two fine examples. What you got?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And that is why I need a 4×4……

funkmasterp

Shouldn’t that read ‘International don’t park like a **** day’ as bad parking seems to be the standard?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GrahamS

What you got?

Can’t find the image now, but I did once have a photo of the boss’s car carefully parked between the two rows of racks inside the bike shelter at work, thus rendering parking for about 30 bikes completely useless.

lister

Yep. One tit had managed to park outside my house taking up two spaces with one stupid urban off-road thing.

Bonus points for having the back wheel hanging off the kerb by about 3 mills of rubber on the sidewall.

It didn’t even require any manoeuvring as you can drive straight into the space from behind.

Tit.

perchypanther
    Free Member

An Audi?

Why yes…. yes it is!

bikebouy
    Free Member

#notondoubleyellowswhatsyerproblemsunshine

edhornby

Twitter account @yplac would love that one

singletrackmind

I had the pain of watching a grown man execute a painfull 6 point turn on Sunday evening. Drove up the drive , assesed the situation wrongly , then made a complete hash of doing a 180′ turn. Stopping approx 4ft from either my garage door or fence.

It was the sort of parking fiasco normaly reserved for Nissan Micra’s with “powered by fairydust” on the back , and pictures of butterflies stuck randomly over the bodywork.

Having stood agast at this chaps utter incompetance at piloting his Fiesta ( its a 3 point turn in  V70 barge ), I actually said too loudly ” You park like a girl ” , which enraged this man somewhat . I do not care . He needs driving lessons.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yep. One tit had managed to park outside my house taking up two spaces with one stupid urban off-road thing.

Just one? Everyone along our street seems to be under the impression that the minimum parking distance from the car in front is roughly 3/4 of a normal car length. There is even one woman who moves into a space, spends an age running backwards and forwards, stops in a sensible place then reverses back using the 2/3 rule thus taking two spaces habitually.

I’m convinced one day I’m going to snap and just park my shitbox nose in to spite the arseholes until they get the message.

zippykona

Near my shop there is a **** who parks his car outside is house. Fair do.

His schedule is

get up

move car from drive to outside house

at 11 am move car back onto drive to avoid parking restriction

12 midday move car back onto road

7 pm car back onto drive.

No matter if a bus was parked on the other side of the road he will park outside ,leaving exactly zero room for a fire engine to get through.

His life must be one of total anger.

ajantom

at 11 am move car back onto drive to avoid parking restriction

12 midday move car back onto road

Can you then park your car on the road outside his house at 11.30? Extra points if you film his response.

Pz_Steve

Fill your boots:

Parking like a tit in Cornwall Facebook group

ETA: Usually a bit busier in summer…

bsims
    Free Member

On my way to work on Monday, there was a 5 series parked perpendicular to the curb on station road(?) in Alvechurch, if it is there tomorrow I will try to take a pic, then someone can talk me through posting them.

tomhoward

An ex colleague couldn’t understand why they’d been given a parking ticket, so on our advice asked the supermarket to provide evidence that they’d parked illegally. This was the response.

matt_outandabout

That is superb…

Poopscoop

Another Audi, snap!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The blonde bimbo in this drove around but couldn’t find anywhere close enough, so she plonked it here. No blue badge or any other sign of disability of course. The only visible disability was her inability to park straight.

https://flic.kr/p/2cYoJW1

She’ll be shopping in Aldi cos she’ll be debted up to the eyeballs so has to keep the cost of living down.

poah
    Free Member

sparksmcguff

@matt in fairness that’s a pretty standard day at Stirling uni, even 20 years ago 😀

northernsoul

An Audi?

Why yes…. yes it is!

Sorry, I though Audis were only meant to be parked with wheels on either side of a white line, preferably with the line down the middle…

Edit: I see there’s an example further down

vickypea
    Free Member

“You park like a girl”

He might have been enraged by the sexism 😆

therealthing
    Free Member

Maybe they wanted to be close to the tree as they were retrieving (someone else’s) drone?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Having the misfortune to live near old Trafford the constant stream of rangrovers and other high end stuff parked in bushes, on pavements or generally abandoned to avoid paying for the bloody tram which gets you closer is incredible

timmys

This boiled my piss a couple of days ago. Not helped by the fact X6’s are on my personal top “****-wagon” list. 6 inches out from the curb, 12″ out of the parking bay. Photo doesn’t really show how narrow the space left to get through was.

GrahamS

To be fair, even if their tyres were scuffing the kerb that parking bay is way too narrow for that car.

wombat

To be fair, even if their tyres were scuffing the kerb that car is much too wide for that parking bay.

FTFY 😉

tjagain

No – the car is too wide for the bay.  Cars have got bigger and wider.

drlex
    Free Member

The issue of narrow bays is due to the widening of the footpaths (indicated by the tarmac edgings) to allow for wider prams and obese pedestrians.

/s

doris5000

yep – as i was leaving the house this morning there was someone merrily pulling onto our (one-way) street from the wrong end, ignoring the large no-entry signs and the other vehicle trying to exit the road, so that they could just nip up to a parking space 10 yards along

(we live opposite a school, this is actually a pretty common occurrence)

nbt

drlex wrote

The issue of narrow bays is due to the widening of the footpaths (indicated by the tarmac edgings) to allow for wider prams and obese pedestrians.

/s

the the bays should only have been put on one side of the road, the problem is due to cars getting wider

njee20
    Free Member

I take great pleasure in shoving the pushchair along cars that park on pavements. Should be fair game to remove wing mirrors to increase clearance. Entitled pricks.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Parking on any bit of free car sized space does seem to be a “thing” these days. Regardless of any consideration for others.

Whilst I can’t condone damaging someone’s car becuase they’ve parked badly, I’ll often nudge the wingmirror if they are parked on the pavement unneccessarily.
    Case in point, an old Landrover Defender with wide wheels (2″+ outside of the bodywork) regularly used to park with both wheels fully on the pavement when it was completely unnccessary, so they used to get the wing mirror nudged as I walked past. I took no pleasure at all from seeing it parked one morning like it usually was with the windscreen smashed and the side window completely shattered. Haven’t seen it since.

To be honest, the best place to see ridiculous parking is outside any primary school at home time. I’ve seen cars parked on mini roundabouts, on zig zags, its just mental the lack of regard some parents have.

natrix
    Free Member

It’s raining so its OK to park on the double yellow lines and besides it’s a fee paying school so we can do what the **** we like!!!

FB-ATB

In the “what is the biggest item you have you got in your car” thread, there’s a picture of a Yaris (with a canoe hanging out the back) parked 4 wheels on the pavement.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Parking on any bit of free car sized space does seem to be a “thing” these days. Regardless of any consideration for others.

Ever been to France?

Its a “thing” there fo’sho’ and has been for decades.

Find a spot 1mtr smaller than your vehicle, and bump/wedge/bump your way into the spot.

Or find a bit of grass and park on it (not unlike the Audi in the first picture)

It annoys the hell out of me inconsiderate parking, but I am British so I have to moan about parking and driving abilities… don’t i??

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Seems that a disproportionately high number of BMW saloons end up parked on the scunt in marked parking bays.

I have no strong feelings on the brand or drivers but muse on how come these wundervagons, fitted with all manner of electronic driver aids, fail to end up “nice and square”.

Untidy, I tell you. Untidy.

FB-ATB

bikebouy- that’s standard practice in Spain too. My brother in law says people don’t use the handbrake so that cars can be pushed out of the way, making the bumpers live up to their name.

akira

Local school has had to send out various emisle about parents parking, if I have to drop boys off in the car I just park a bit further away and walk a bit further, seems to solve the problems.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

i used to live in Maids Moreton. There was rugby club that had a very good turnout on a Sunday for kids rugby with several pitches being used. Trouble was there was next to no parking, so on a Sunday morning the parents would turn up with one child per 4×4 and because the road past the club was busy they would park half on the pavement so you couldn’t walk past. If they were prepared to walk a couple of hundred yards there was enough on street parking available.

After talking to the club with little result it took the best part of 6 weeks of calling the police on a Sunday morning to ticket the cars before things started getting better.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘International “Park like a @&#+=* day”’ is closed to new replies.