Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Internal bike storage ideas
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Need some ideas of how to store a bike inside, in living room!
    I also need access to the cupboard behind where the bike is going( low level 3foot high cupboard, so intend to use space above)

Seen some wooden shelves from the states but tend to be pricey, also seen the giant plastic coffee cup things but to be honest not the most attractive of things.

The former looks better, does anyone make something in the UK at a reasonable price?

Mounting into plastered brickwork if it matters.

Anyother ideas?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Not sure if this would work for you if you need access to a cupboard behind, but I’ve got mine on a Stolman Pole from Ikea:

mrmo
    Free Member

have seen that sort of thing, but the cupboard is the issue.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bol

Halfords do some hooks that you put a pedal into. The bike then hangs against the wall/cupboard by gravity at the axle. I’m using them to hang a couple of bikes in my garage, and it looks quite good. They were about £15 each if I recall.

bellefied
    Free Member

loads of these around for about a tenner

rickt
    Free Member

Go for what whatnobeer has…. Comes in useful at the weekend when you have lady friends round who can pole dance for you. 😆

I know this sounds extreme… But would you be able to dig down and create a pit with a trap door some where?? (Burke feed me!!)

euanc
    Free Member

Cheap version of the Halfords pedal hook idea, it is only a ‘prototype’ but works well.

midlifecrashes

Can’t you just build or buy a bigger cupboard and put it above the other one?

paulhaycraft

I’ve got one of those hoists above the stairs which seems to work well for us.
    Couldn’t you just put it on top of the cupboard?

mrmo
    Free Member

not really a cupboard, more an access hatch under the stairs if that makes sense which is used for storage. So I can’t move it, can’t redesign it (well i can but it would mean major structural changes to the house)

But i do have a wall i can locate a bike on, but it also being in the living room i want it to look ok. Not keen on hanging from ceiling, not sure about the strength of it TBH.

hammyuk
    Free Member

As long as you locate into the joists it will be stronger than the wall!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Internal bike storage ideas’ is closed to new replies.