Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Interesting stuff re helmets
  • markd
    Free Member

http://www.mipshelmet.se/

Following on from the new POC brochure that landed in the shop the other day, the new DH helmet comes with this technology,

Pretty cool!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

indeed

how about i just smear my head in lard before every ride? same effect surely.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

[tannoy]

TJ to the forum please to explain to us how its all marketing and the slidey bits will in fact break your neck, kill your pets, vote for the BNP and molest squirrels

[/tannoy]

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

grey or red?

it's important

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

This was on tommorows world years ago as well BTW

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon, I was about to post a similar tannoy!

MMW, it's those filthy immigrant grey squirrels.

druidh
    Free Member

This actually backs up what TJ has been saying all along. 🙄

markd
    Free Member

michael are you the same michael i worked with in dixons many moons ago and bumpbed into the other year and said hello to… or am i just making wild guesses…?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

gray, they bite harder and i hear they like that kiky ****

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

did you bump into me at the outdoor show?

if so then yes!

markd
    Free Member

yes it is you then.

herro.

still in AV stuff?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I thought TJ usualy went on about the sliding of the helmet leading to the neck bending?

Anyway, he'll be allong shortly,

anyone got a rally car full of ostrich's (ostrichi?)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

for my sins yes. IIRC you are now involved in selling yummy carb goodness?

I'm still struggling to place you at Dixons though, my memory for faces and people is terrible. For some reason the only person i can still picture is Dirty Katie

markd
    Free Member

oh aye, dirty katie. i was into dirty vicky – in more than one way 🙂

i worked on personal audio mainly.

i now run a bike shop in edinburgh.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

gotcha, it's all coming back to me now.

which shop? (although i only know the two obvious ones and the one near tolcross)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

anyone got a rally car full of ostriches?

I can rustle up a black cab full of emus if that's any good.

markd
    Free Member

the bikechain – now the burghs finest bike shop.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i shall pop in next time i'm up that way, planning a trip to the more northern bike parks (the properly northern ones) in the late summer and was thinking of stopping off in Edinburgh for a night of debauchery.

Pretty mad that we'd be in the same place twice (one virtual and one physical) at the same time in the space of 18 months after working together 10 years ago!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

CFH

pretty sure emus and penguins don't get on, perhaps you have a suitable replacement for them as well?

markd
    Free Member

i know. it seems to happen to me loads.

remember a guy called lorrie/lorimer? i freaked him the other month when he picked up his bike from a service. totally messed his head, was quite amusing.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

hmm, pushing my memory now.

I do remember Craig, Gordon, John (the mountain biker who had a team edition ralleigh Titanium thing that was like riding an elastic band) and Jayne. Also wee Ceri(?), for obvious reasons.

I also remember the Big Chug competition and the resulting scanner incident 🙂

avdave2

I'm impressed mrmichaelwright. Not many can make such a vast career change as going from Dixons to working as an AV tech. That's got to rival shelf stacker to brain surgeon. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No emus, eh?

How about a Land Rover full of Great Bustard, then?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

avdave – i didn't last long, i could sell a hifi to someone who actually cared about more than Peak Music Power and flashy lights and cameras but was at a loss as to why anyone would want an extended warranty

I've also worked for Crazy Georges (means nothing unless you are scottish) and Comet

I graduated form Dixons to cleaning the underside of SITA waste trucks at night in Leith Docks. Definitely a step up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright and avdave and friends;

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

wrong 🙂

avdave (at a guess);

and me:

cbike
    Free Member

Ok everyone, back slowly towards the door then….run away!. It's all gone a bit weird in here.

druidh
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

I thought TJ usualy went on about the sliding of the helmet leading to the neck bending?

Nope – it's all about rotational forces.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

indeed, apologies for the hijack.

If being a Nerd means working with this lass however…….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Druidh has it right – this helmet is designed to reduce the rotational forces that can cause either broken necks or diffuse axon injury. a major step forward and something I have been talking about for a while.

You see – if you listen I don't always talk mince. some experiments show up to 30% of severe injuries have a rotational component – and standard cycle helmets are worse for rotational forces than motorcycle helmets, ski helmets, american football helmets and ice hockey helmets

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

^—- I'd let her rotate my helmet any day

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Interesting stuff re helmets’ is closed to new replies.