Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Interesting podcast on Syria, Isis and the ongoing conflict.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

Sam Harris talks with Michael Weiss.

Inside the crucible: Syria and Islamic State.

Wrap your heads round this. I certainly don’t want to start another predictable argument about this war (although it’s entirely likely) but I thought many of you on here would enjoy this podcast.

I’ve always enjoyed Sam Harris, despite not always agreeing with him but this is a genuinely interesting discussion of the conflict examined from many angles with someone who seems to have an uncommon grasp of the many complexities.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks, look forward to listening to this. Always interested in differing views and alternative thinkers

richmtb

Thanks for that.

Don’t always agree with Sam Harris either but his podcasts are always interesting

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    surfer
    Free Member

Harris is like a warm shower of reason.

DrJ

I listened – interesting. I think quite a few of the angles have also been presented on e.g. C4 News – the extent to which “ISIS” is a reincarnation of Iraqi Baathists. Makes sense.

Also interested by the comments from a listener re Apple v FBI.

jimjam
    Free Member

DrJ – Member

I listened – interesting. I think quite a few of the angles have also been presented on e.g. C4 News – the extent to which “ISIS” is a reincarnation of Iraqi Baathists. Makes sense.

Yes, I’m not sure there’s anything revelatory or brand new there but it’s rare to hear about all the issues framed in one conversation without it being dumbed down or simplified, albeit for obvious reasons.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Interesting podcast on Syria, Isis and the ongoing conflict.’ is closed to new replies.