Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Interesting concept…
  • eightyeight
    Free Member

Personally, I wouldn’t go near a 29-er, but thought I’d share the opportunity.

bencooper
    Free Member

I don’t understand – he’s already built the prototype, got a full workshop, and started the first production batch – so what does he need the money for?

Or is this using Kickstarter as a marketing thing?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m guessing a production run costs money?

Kryton57

??

Its ended and the project seems canned? (top right, 0 days to go, target not met?)

bencooper
    Free Member

Not all that much – tubing is the cheap part of making a frame, it’s the jigs, tooling and labour that make it expensive. Now if he wanted the money to go buy a containerload from Taiwan maybe – but even then it’s not more than he spent on that nice Anvil frame jig.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Apologies, it has in fact finished. 😳

But with Kickstarter UK launching today, there will be a lot more micro projects like this kicking around (new bikes, documentary, accessories, etc). So worth keeping an eye on.

AlexSimon

Basically, only 2 people wanted a bike.
    Looking on the bright side, I guess using kickstarter saved him from an expensive mistake.

AlexSimon

But with Kickstarter UK launching today, there will be a lot more micro projects like this kicking around (new bikes, documentary, accessories, etc). So worth keeping an eye on.

I thought it started on Oct 31st – was there a problem?

eightyeight
    Free Member

I’m thinking of trying to fund a project producing an illustrated decision tree for “What tyre?”.

It will be 900 pages long.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Interesting concept…’ is closed to new replies.