Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Interested in going to college to study downhill mtbing?
  • rs
    Free Member

Don't know if this is a repost, but what a cool thing to study.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/puffbox/hyperpuff/audiovideo/scotland/wide_av_hyperpuff/8570800.stm

walleater

Ummm….the trail you were asking about on another site is I think called Red Baron 😉

It certainly looked like it anyway. The area was already mentioned at the start of the article.

rs
    Free Member

Ummm….the trail you were asking about on another site is I think called Red Baron

haha sneaky! I never actually read the article just watched the video, to be honest looked like a lot of uk type flowy singletrack which I kinda miss.

Cheers.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

great qualification to have if racing goes tits up, eh? 😐

rs
    Free Member

There's a list of what the courses contain.

BASE Downhill 1

This course has been designed to give Downhill Racers the opportunity to develop their competitive Downhill performance at the same time work towards a BTEC nationally recognized award at Level 3 (120 UCAS points).
    Candidates will improve their Strength & Conditioning, relate Psychology to all aspect of Downhill racing and develop Downhill skills and techniques. Qualified Downhill Coaches will be used and currently we are negotiating to use the World Class Downhill facility at Glentress Peebles

Course units include:
    Health and Safety in Sport
    The Body in Action
    Training and Fitness for Sport
    Psychology for Sports Performance
    Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
    The Athletes Lifestyle

Individual Sporting Performance : Downhill Racing
    Analysis & Evaluation of Performance : Downhill Racing
    Code of Conduct health & safety: Downhill Racing

BASE Downhill 2

This course has been designed to give Downhill Racers the opportunity to develop their competitive Downhill performance at the same time work towards a BTEC nationally recognized certificate at Level 3 (240 UCAS points).
    Candidates will continue to improve their Strength & Conditioning, relate Psychology to all aspect of Downhill racing and develop Downhill skills and techniques. Qualified Downhill Coaches will be used and currently we are negotiating to use the World Class Downhill facility at Glentress Peebles
    Course units include:
    Sports Nutrition
    Fitness testing for Sport
    Analysis of Sports Performance
    Sport and Society
    Sports Coaching
    Work based experience in Sport

Individual Sporting Performance : Downhill Racing
    Analysis & Evaluation of Performance : Downhill Racing
    Code of Conduct, Health & Safety:Downhill Racing

italspark
    Free Member

world class downhill at glentress ?

ourmaninthenorth

I'm all for giving the terminally thick something to occupy them, but is this for real?

Maybe I'm getting old….

stuartm555
    Free Member

Chris Small looks quite similar to Chris Ball 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Interested in going to college to study downhill mtbing?’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.