Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Intense Tracer VP or BlurLT
  • Mike_T

so guys what what would you go for?

My current ride is a Nomad, really bought for that aspirational riding you only do once a year in the Nevada's or Alps. To much for the UK in my opinion, unless you want a light DH bike.

So I'm down to these 2, what ever i get they'll be built up with 150 Team Revelations, Dues, Hope 4's.

Already test rode the BlurLT, very much like the Nomad but tighter and easier to climb, descending couldn't tell the difference. Still to test the intense.

dyls

I've got the Blur LT2 and really like it, ideal for North Wales where I live. The Tracer also gets very good reports. Don't think you'll go wrong with either.

backhander
    Free Member

Flip a coin. I've had an intense (5.5) and really liked it. I've test ridden a blur LT2 and felt very little difference, it didn't justify spending any money for no/minimal performance gain so went for something completely different. I'm happy that I did TBH.

rideit
    Free Member

Buy the LT2, nicer riding, better bearing life, good aftersales, do anything bike.

Mike_T

you've more or less said what has been either written or said by everyone I've spoken to.

Some reports have said that the Tracer is more fun to ride and maybe more versatile.

I have my demo booked for the 1st May, so that will be decision day.

Cheers guys.

Enjoy the sun it maybe all we get…..Av it

0pt1cal
    Free Member

I had some time on a BLT2 before getting the Tracer VP. Both are great climbers…but the key difference is handling the Tracer I found was far more precise and a more capable descender….in 6 inch mode it was fantastic….I had another shot of a BLT2 in Moab last month but ended up with Nomad for the grin factor on the descents 🙂

I actually have an Uzzi now as I prefer the bigger bike for hacking about and its my Mega bike this year..:-) If the Nomad is too much bike then I would defintely recommend the Tracer.

duir
    Free Member

From what the boffins say I think build quality will come into play here. I have seen several Intense frames with very poor frame alignment and as a result very bearing intensive.

Mike_T

the frame alignment is something else to consider then.

I've just had a pro kit fitted to my nomad, £95 for the kit and then the labour on top. I've more or less had bearings every 12months on the nomad so as long as bearing life is around this frequency then for me its acceptable.

Anyone had any issues with the intense powder coating?

IA

£95!I change the bearings on my Socom for about £40 a time, a tracer should be similar. Easy DIY job.

Frequency depends how much I'm riding/racing it – one winter riding most weeks in utter filth and it was new bearings after 6 months, other sets have lasted longer.

Mike_T

The £95 was for a prokit, bearings,axles etc, it's the only one in 4 years, the others were just bearings.

Just a bit concerned ref the frame alignment if the bearing services increases from one set per year and added to a fork and shock service every 12months it starts to look high maintenance.

duir
    Free Member

Bearings should last a lot longer than 6 months on a top end frame. My Cove is on it's original bearings after 2 years and 2 filthy Scottish winters.

mrpink
    Free Member

Get a Turner 5spot,no bearings to worry about 😀

Dino
    Free Member

Other that paper bag on your head!
    God that thing is sooo ugly 😛

0pt1cal
    Free Member

As with most companies Cove have just as many issues with quality control than Intense or Santa Cruz….bearing life is good on a Cove…but frame mis-alignment was a common problem for some time as is paint flaking off, but still doesn't stop me going back for more as I'll be ordering a new G-Spot FR soon.

I've owned SC, Intense and Cove …..and Intense/SC with the new Zirk fittings get me through 12 months of daily on the Tracer VP not just weekend rides in Scottish filth.

hora
    Free Member

BLT2 everytime however.

OP if I had a Nomad it would be too close IMO to your current. In that case I'd rather keep the Nomad or get the Intense (for something different).

duir
    Free Member

0pt1cal – Member
    As with most companies Cove have just as many issues with quality control than Intense or Santa Cruz….bearing life is good on a Cove…but frame mis-alignment was a common problem for some time as is paint flaking off, but still doesn't stop me going back for more as I'll be ordering a new G-Spot FR soon.

I've owned SC, Intense and Cove …..and Intense/SC with the new Zirk fittings get me through 12 months of daily on the Tracer VP not just weekend rides in Scottish filth.

Really? You have ridden MTB every day for 12 months in Scotland? You should win an award.

What's a "Zirk" fitting?

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Blur LTc? A little lighter than either and a whole lot stiffer! Love mine to death! 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Intense Tracer VP or BlurLT’ is closed to new replies.