Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 201 total)
  • Intense Tracer or Turner 5 spot frame?
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Ones under 26 ones about 29, doesn’t look like there’s that much difference in builds? Sizes??

M6TTF
    Free Member

wrecker – Member
    Reporting posts is for fannies.
    POSTED 8 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

This

geetee1972
    Free Member

Sorry but how can a ‘what bike should Hora buy next’ end up running to five pages and 161 replies? Hs the world gone mad?

hugor
    Free Member

Pivot Firebird…….please tell how does it ride

She is an unbelievable bike.
    I honestly think DWL is the best sus design I’ve ridden.
    The rear feels like a 1 or 2 inch travel machine when climbing but descending is unbelievable.
    I must admit that its quite hard to get the suspension dialled at first but once you’ve got it sorted its fantastic.
    I used to own an Intense.
    Here it is. Notice the similarities!!

It rode fantastic but gave me nothing but trouble and there was no support from them.
    Don’t want to go into details here suffice to say is that there’s way too many great bikes out there to be dealing with suspect brands.

hora
    Free Member

El naturaista shoes are great 😀

vondally
    Free Member

thanks Hugor confirms my oh should of waited feeling and the still not sure on DW suspension….in that it does take tme to set up and that there iss a difference between brands/designers set up on the DW suspension

hora
    Free Member

Is that saddle called the Gonzo? (Muppets)

hugor
    Free Member

thanks Hugor confirms my oh should of waited feeling and the still not sure on DW suspension….in that it does take tme to set up and that there iss a difference between brands.

How tall are you. I’m 6 foot even and ride a large. Its perfect for me.
    Its not particularly hard but you will need a few hours on the trail with your fox pump in your pack to get it right.
    Feel free to drop me a line if you have trouble.
    In the end I had to actually read the instruction manual!
    Most of my issues were related to the DHX AIR rather than the bike.

hugor
    Free Member

Is that saddle called the Gonzo? (Muppets)

Its a Selle SMP. Looks odd but is damn comfortable and stops my privates going numb on long rides.

vondally
    Free Member

thanks Hugor…I sent the frame back got a refund and got a turner flux dw….which i sold…..then got a Yeti ASR 7 that due to injury my daughter has…..so just looking 😉 for a while

oh Dear lord I sound like Hora………….. 😳

Kevevs
    Free Member

ahhhahaa! cheers guys. this thread is ace! **** ’em Hora, I like yer idiosyncratic style 😉 You’ve got skin like a Rhino, probbly ride like one too!

lowey

That Pivot has given me a semi.

I;ve ridden with Hora a few times and he’s quicker than me… you bastards.

Kryton57

PMSL! A few posts in here about Intense QC issues as a reasoning to purchase the 5 Spot, and guess what, Hora’s ‘Spot is falling apart at the seams….

I see your flakey paint and will beat you up the hills with my vpp 😉

x

Kryton57

Erm, sorry thats sounds a bit vindictive – Hora I didnt mean it that way to make you feel bad about your bike – just pointing at the Intense doubters thats all….

dans160
    Free Member

Oh dear, Hugor’s off on one again.

hugor
    Free Member

Oh dear, Hugor’s off on one again.

No I didn’t elaborate. I don’t need to.
    The only reason you recognise me is because the last post we were involved with was about a guy who’s Tracer VP had broken for the 3rd time.
    Still sounds like a QC issue to me!!

dans160
    Free Member

And who loves the bike so much that he is keeping it and intense are sorting him out. All bike frames have issues at some point. You just seem to have a real chip on your shoulder about intense and I’m pretty sure that’s not the first time you’ve voiced your opinion about the company.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ah well at least hasn’t snapped.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Trace every time. VPP beats DW on trail bikes.
    DW is about anti squat, and VPP is about pedal efficiency.
    2 very different principles that work better for different styles of riding or riders IMO.
    I’ve ridden them both, and VPP wins out for me on trails.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I like that Pivot a lot too…

hugor
    Free Member

I’ve ridden them both, and VPP wins out for me on trails.

Fair enough. You like VPP and your entitled to your opinion.
    It rides really well. I’m not pushing DWL, Pivot or Turner here.
    All I’m saying is that there’s loads of great bikes on the market so why deal with a company that has QC issues.
    Like everything else every company has problems but some much more than others. I am not the first or last to have this issue with this particular company. If you go back to page 1 lots of others have too.

stanley

This thread has become totally laughable….

I had some sympathy with Hora (he resides were I escaped from)……. but come on…… get out, ride the **** thing and have some fun.

Turner, Intense, Marin, or **** written on the frame doesn’t make a jot of difference. Neither does 1/2 a degree here or there.
    Short forks or long forks, air or coil, 34psi or 32psi; it is still a bike.

Get something strong enough for how you ride (or weigh), and go and ride its nuts off.

The grass isn’t greener 🙂

Skyline-GTR……. Oh dear :-))

hugor
    Free Member

Look when I research a potential new bike I read the reviews.
    Unfortunately most of those have nothing but praise for the bikes they are reporting on.
    Not really much of an independant opinion is to be found on official websites or mags.
    So then the next place to look at is unbiased consumer reviews which is places like this.
    If I see a thread asking whether somebody should buy brand X or Y isn’t it fair to say X based on your personal experience with the company?

dans160
    Free Member

Internet forums….unbiased…. Oh dear God.

PS if you still have that 6.6 hanging on the wall in your garage/shed/wherever it’s kept at Hugor Towers, can I have it?

hugor
    Free Member

PS if you still have that 6.6 hanging on the wall in your garage/shed/wherever it’s kept at Hugor Towers, can I have it?

Hugor Towers is in Australia. I’m working here for a few years. I love this place. It is such a mountain biking mecca compared to Aus. I didn’t bring my faulty bike frame with me. It wasn’t high on my priorities!!

dans160
    Free Member

Can I have it when you get back? I reckon I can get the pivot bolts to stay in.

Seriously, enjoy Aus.

I assume you meant ‘compared to the UK’ BTW.

hora
    Free Member

First thoughts? Work in progress.

Not a bad thing. Set shock at 30% sag but I wasn’t using all the travel (30%) left at least. So I dropped the psi to 150 (I’m 205lb’s). Still not using all. Does the linkage etc need ‘breaking in’? Btw no pro pedal and rebound to almost fast.

The front is a tad high (king in longish headtube so I was also going to source a lowish stack headset. I also think for my taste itd be better at 150mm rather than 160mm travel.

Otherwise good!

hugor
    Free Member

What shock are you using? RP23 or DHX air?

hora
    Free Member

RP23

MartynS

Have a look back at what stanley said.. the rear will be a bit stiff to start with but will bed in with a few good rides.
    Get it built, and get it ridden…

hugor
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about not using all your travel personally. If you over sag your shock it will climb terribly.
    I’d set your sag at 30% and ride it like that. After a few rides it will bed in and your sag will increase. You’ll need to put more air in to get it back to 30%.

hora
    Free Member

Just a FYI, on the 2010 5 Spot you can only angle-adjust the headtube by 1 degree. No more.

Kryton57

You’ll never use all the travel – the air just compresses to its finite point then of course it has no where to go.

hora
    Free Member

Well at somepoint I was going to tinker and buy a used coil shock..

binners

Hora – What exactly were you expecting?

What manufacturer in their right mind would allow a bike to leave the factory knowing that some borderline-retarded, ham-fisted benny-hill-a-like like you is able to radically alter the geometry, then go and ride down stuff on it.

That would be an ambulance-chasing layers wet dream. You really are an utterly spasmodic numpty, aren’t you?

hora
    Free Member

Are you saying Works Components, Cane Creek and Saars make a fundamently flawed product?

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Are you saying Works Components, Cane Creek and Saars make a fundamently flawed product?

I think he’s saying that you are the kind of guy who would fit a Chris King headset with a hammer and screwdriver and as such, should not be trusted to alter the geometry of a bike.

binners

No. I’m saying you are fundamentally flawed as both a product and a concept

hora
    Free Member

I wouldnt go near anything that involved correct alignment.

stanley

Kryton57- wrong!!

Fox do understand what happens when you compress air!! Yes- air springs do “ramp up” at the end of travel, but surely this is a good thing? Prevents bottoming out too often?
    I bottom out my 5-Spot occasionally (forks too) and regularly go through about 95% of available travel, without having it set up so soft that it becomes a wallowing pig.
    Hora, as above, it will get more active as you put the miles on.
    you just need to keep it long enough 😉

ps. watch out for stones getting trapped in the DW link too…. ggrrrrrr

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 201 total)

The topic ‘Intense Tracer or Turner 5 spot frame?’ is closed to new replies.