Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 201 total)
  • Intense Tracer or Turner 5 spot frame?
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh!

Hora; from what I gather on here, you’re not someone who’s ever going to be able to exploit anywhere near the potential of the bikes you buy, which makes me wonder why you buy them, quite frankly. Your money and that up to you no problem with that, but aren’t there other ways of dealing with your insecurities than throwing money at spensive bikes then having everyone laugh at you cos you can’t actually ride them propply?

Serious question. The consequences of your actions seem at odds with the desired intended result really.

The bike industry loves people like you. You are a marketing department’s wet dream come true….

binners

Jambo. Believe me, I’m not moaning. I always have a readily available and never ending supply of Cheap parts. If I didn’t love my Intense so such, I’d ask if I could have first refusal on it in 3 weeks 😀

hora
    Free Member

Where else would the endless supply of hardly ridden, half price frames and forks come from?

Chomp. Whens the last time you saw me advertise a barely used frame or fork at half the price I bought it for? I seem to remember I recently made money on the last frame I sold, the two previous cost me nothing to run and the 36’s I just sold only cost me £350 18months ago. You mistake me for someone who can’t buy smart or handle money fella.

Elfin, give it a rest. Only pro’s or close to pro’s can do a full suss justice. Anyone else is a internet riding god who claims they can to 100%.

Hadge
    Free Member

Get the Turner – love mine. It’s a 2010 frame too and I’m riding it as stock before I start messing with any angle issues. I can fit some off-set shock bushes first – some nice ti ones and then I’ll see how that goes. Looks lovely in Sangria Red too 😉

Vortexracing

Hadge, what gear ratio are you running?

is it 1 x 10?

nice bike BTW 😉

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

I’ve seen no queries about it’s cornering potential yet Hora. Is that because there are no corners in the Peak District?

Hadge
    Free Member

Yeah I’m running a 1 x 10 with a 34t front ring and 11-36 cassette. Cheers too, even better now I’ve fitted some new Floats with the Kashima coating

hora
    Free Member

Naughty stopa’ 8)

Hadge- no heelrub issues or chainslap? I’ve wrapped innertube on both chainstay and seatstays

Hadge
    Free Member

No hora, non at all on both fronts and the MRP Lopes chain device is fantastic. I’ve put some sticky velcro stuff on the chainstay but it’s totally un-marked. I’m very very impressed with it and having owned 2 old HL models and Yeti 575 (new style) and Intense 5.5 I think the DW 5 Spot is the best so far.
    By the way, I had the frame choice dilemma as you – thought about the Tracer 2 and 5 Spot but I’d ridden the DW a while ago and liked it immediately. I wasn’t sure on the exact sizing I’d need on the Tracer plus the fact it was £700 more I went for the no-brainer option and got the Turner.

thepodge
    Free Member

Hora, can I insult you in a slightly but not really joking way? I’m feeling left out.

ps nice frame.

binners

Whens the last time you saw me advertise a barely used frame or fork at half the price I bought it for?

never. On the other hand, if we change that sentence slightly to:

Whens the last time you saw me advertise a barely used frame or fork at half the price for the same price I bought it for? Or maybe slightly more

then the frequency goes up to once or twice a week 😉

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

I am only stating things that the great man himself has said to me over the past few weeks.

Whilst in Morzine: “Reason I’m struggling is because of the corners. There aren’t any corners in the Peaks”

On owning a 2010 Enduro: “It feels dead”

I’ve known and hung around with Hora for years. He knows that I think he is a buffalo headed mongo with a shiny thing complex and a love of all things John Lewis. He expects no less from me than to take the piss which is why, I presume, he wears such odd clothes, both for riding and social, when I meet him (polo shirt with a collar that looks like a baby hippo has been chewing it? Inside out Barbour jacket? Those moccasin things with the laces on the side? Etc Etc). He loves this shit.

binners

As someone who has had the dubious pleasure of counting Hora amongst my friends for many years, he is indeed the gift that keeps on giving. Even more so than Liverpool last season.

And I’m allowed to abuse him as he presently owes me about 19,000 pints due to him habitually forgetting his wallet whenever we’re out riding. Every **** time!!!

As for Hora’s dress sense. He obviously takes all his fashion cues from

In fact there’s an uncanny resemblance in a number of ways.

But… Bagpuss has just told us all to stop picking on him, because she loves him anyway. But… no Hora, before you ask…. that doesn’t mean you can ‘have a go’

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

I loved the comment on his Facebook update to inform everyone he’d bought a 5 Spot:

Emma Spence
    You’re still a **** though x
    Wednesday at 17:55 · Like · 1 person

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Mark Horacek
    I now own a new Turner 5spot frame :oD

Others include 12’s and NBT’s comments:

Tony Wilson
    Yes but for how long?

Julian Winstanley
    Is it in my size? can I get dibs when you sell it on in late october? 🙂

binners

Spence’s opening statement whenever he walks into the pub is always “**** off Hora”

to which everyone else chips in: “Yeah, Hora, **** off!:

😀

hora
    Free Member

All saints Jasom! What’s wrong with Simple and El nastros (or however you spell it) shoe brands!

Gary_C

Damn !! I own a 2010 5-Spot in sangria & I do Peak rides…

I’ll have to make a sign & attatch it to myself when riding : PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT HORA…

😉

binners

They’re what’s commonly known as ‘pasty shoes’ you spaz! People look at your feet an think you’ve been involved in some kind of ‘incident’ in Greggs

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Who the hell is Jasom? It’s not as if my name is hard to spell.

Those shoes may have cost you a small fortune but they looked so wrong and impractical, like something a disabled Cherokee might be forced to wear by um Social Worker.

hora
    Free Member

Gary_c denial is not a river in Africa.

Remember the Nicholas Deakin brand? They made the pasty shoes then and I bought loads!

M6TTF
    Free Member

What weight are these 5 spot builds coming in at?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elfin, give it a rest. Only pro’s or close to pro’s can do a full suss justice. Anyone else is a internet riding god who claims they can to 100%.

Rubbish. I’ve seen a fair few ‘ordinary’ riders do justice to their full sussers. Also seen a fair few mincers too, for balance.

So if you know you can’t do the bike ‘justice’, why do you waste so much time fretting over tiny nuances of the design, instead of just going out and enjoying the flipping thing? I mean, does it really matter what bike you have, if you can’t really get much out of it? Why not instead concentrate on improving your skilz dem? That way, you’d be able to get much more out of your bikes, and have more fun, too.

Mind you, your bike choice angst does create endless amusement for us lot, so there’s always that aspect I spose…

Is Hora the new Arsenal?

kudos100
    Free Member

Nice looking bike, geometry looks decent. Not sure if it is the same as the 2011 though. Seems like it would take a reasonable amount of abuse.

As an all rounder I’d probably go for the intense, assuming I could get a good one.

hora
    Free Member

Kin ell Turner where is your QC? Non-driveside dropout won’t let the wheel seat/barely in the drop out – no damage and the paint looks the same thickness.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Oh dear. Is it a bit shit Hora?

hora
    Free Member

Paint just came off in a large flake on the drop out. I’ll delete these comments and speak to Turner.

Elfin my posts about somalian pirates earned me a ban probably because you reported them as racist. I’m not interested in your views fella. Notice how I don’t post on your architectual threads? So let’s agree to avoid the same topics. I don’t really want to read your posts. No offence like. Agree?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Your posts earned you a ban because they were ignorant and culturally insensitive. You woon’t make such comments to a Somalian person in real life, so don’t make them on here.

Quite why you’ve chosen to bring that up again I have no idea.

I’m trying to help you. Learn how to enjoy riding the bike you have, instead of seeking to make up for any inadequacies you may have by buying new ones all the time. Because that’s just a bit daft. And you won’t ever be satisfied.

Seriously. Go on a skills course with Jedi or something. That’ll be money well spent, and save you the hassle of having to go to the post office every other week.

See, it don’t matter what bike you have (and by Jove you’ve got through enough…), you’d still find fault with it. Why not just get one bike, stick with it and have fun?

S’what I do, and it works for me. I don’t really care about the bike; it’s the riding I enjoy.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh, and if you don’t like your comments you make on a public forum being challenged, then maybe think before you post on a public forum?

Just an idea like…

And speaking of Jedi; I don’t really notice him moaning about x or y bike, he just enjoys riding bikes. He’d probbly be happy on a Halfords Special as long as it meant he could ride bikes….

Hadge
    Free Member

My DW is a shade under 26lb including pedals and weighed on Ultimate Digital scales – so is spot on accurate too.

hora
    Free Member

Elfin the comments were comparing Somalian pirates to old fashion pirates. my ban was worded ‘for negative use of the forum’ as I remember my comments royally wound you up.

As for why on a frame? I love examining facts, numbers and detail in everything.

Seriously fella, in a nice way. Don’t post on my comments and vice versa. Why protest that? Peace and all but let’s agree to avoid. Come on. 🙂

Anyway. Bike built and spun round. Now Havana rum time.

Vortexracing

come on get some piccies on here then.

weight wise mines 27.75lbs

as it is here

P1030821 by eastham_david, on Flickr

hugor
    Free Member

come on get some piccies on here then.

How about some more DWL goodness but of a different kind.
    Here’s my baby. I love her very much.
    6 inches of travel but climbs like a race bike.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elfin the comments were comparing Somalian pirates to old fashion pirates. my ban was worded ‘for negative use of the forum’ as I remember my comments royally wound you up.

Pfft. Stop trying to wriggle out of it Hora. Seriously. You were out of order and you know it; I called you on it, reported your post and you got banned. You weren’t referring to Somali Pirates, you were referring to Somali people in general, and implying they’re all pirates. Don’t try making stuff up. You posted ignorant and insensitive comments. Just accept you were in the wrong and let it go. It obviously still rankles with you. I’d challenge you if you said that in ‘real life’ as I would on here. You woon’t say something like that publicly to any persons your ‘jokey comments’ referred to, so don’t hide behind a keyboard mate.

Don’t post on my comments and vice versa

Behave. I’ll post on whatever I want mate. Don’t tell me what to do, eh? If you don’t like it, don’t post nonsense on a public forum. Simple really. 🙄

End of. Now where’s the pics of yer new bike then? 😀

hora
    Free Member

Bloody hell that’s nice!

Whyte1
    Free Member

Has it been left to close to the fire and melted a little ?
    Still nice though

Hora don’t bite – the clown thought Wales was part of England last night which is quite offensive really , so is he ignorant or racist ? 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

Reporting posts is for fannies.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

Weighs in at just over 29lbs.

vondally
    Free Member

Pivot Firebird…….please tell how does it ride, i had ordered a large got sent XL and decided not to wait for a L to be sent….regretting in a ‘oh why did i not wait’

Climbing on 6 inch bikes…..actually on some tech climbs they will outclimb a lot of race bikes.
    Owned a Yeti asr sl times set on that slower than on my Maverick
    Eldest daughter quicker on Yeti asr 7 than Turner flux DW.

Most sensible comment on here is re Jedi and happy riding whatever…….think that sums up it all up 😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

Pfft. Stop trying to wriggle out of it Hora. Seriously. You were out of order and you know it; I called you on it, reported your post and you got banned.

Wannabe moderator, napoleon syndrome?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 201 total)

The topic ‘Intense Tracer or Turner 5 spot frame?’ is closed to new replies.