Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Intense 5.5 EVP update
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Well I didnt get on with the 32's so 36's have replaced them! They will be wound down for general trail riding and up to full travel for the real rough stuff

Updated my 5.5 EVP, added some 36's and new wheels (Stop gap as I needed a 20mm front, hanging out for a nice wheelset)

taka
    Free Member

all you need now is the white freedom's 😉

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

true, was about to email you!! I have sorted the spokes and lucky had some bearings in spare so all sorted!

backhander
    Free Member

How are you finding the DHX?
    I have a swinger 4X on mine at the mo and I'm not too impressed.
    I *might* have some hope hoops on 5.1s going soon if I can't find a swap?

taka
    Free Member

cheers didnt relise they were the ones hope you use them to there full potential

tom

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

the dhx is a pig to set up, BUT once done it is nice.. just too many adjustments on it! if you work them all out (they all effect each other) then it is just sweet, works almost like a full coil without the weight!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Looking good and pretty well balanced with the 36s. Loving my new Bullit but God I miss the Intense 😕

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Thanks, All in all I am happy I changed the forks! I can always wind them down if need be, Which intense did you have?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Which intense did you have?

The little Tazer 8)

Loved it – in fact it's probably the longest I've ever kept a bike but I was looking for more travel as I want to do more d/h. I'm sure the Tazer could've coped but I just don't have the skills to pilot 4" through the bumpy stuff 😉 . Your build has me looking at the bargain 5.5s on CRC again though 🙄

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Nice build!!

You can pick up virtually anything for a bargain ATM.. the market is awful! great for buyers though! I got my 36's for £190….

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wow! – cheapest I've seen them is around £500 and I thought that was good. I'm not going to ask where from as I've spent far too much this month (and next) already 😉

edd

Where did you get 36's for £190?

B@rney
    Free Member

Nice frame, cables cut do with a cut mind – crankset and pedals could be a whole lot better too…..

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Got the 36's off ebay…. I prefer longer cables in case I crash so have some bar spin availablehe pedals are grippy and going on new prices now cost £70, not sure what I would replace them with? I am thinking of going spd! the cranks I agree and at some point the wheels as well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Intense 5.5 EVP update’ is closed to new replies.