Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • Intelligence and personality as a hereditary characteristics
  • BadlyWiredDog

So are people here arguing that there is no such thing as ‘intelligence’, or at least not a unified concept of such, or that there is no means by which we can ever measure intelligence?

I have no idea, but ‘intelligence’ is a blanket term in the same way as ‘fitness’, which can cover all sorts of physiological adaptation.

Unfortunately as a society, our idea of ‘intelligence’ seems to mean ‘good at exams’ and look where that’s got us…

dissonance

I will indeed read about it.

It will explain why people get cynical about IQ when its held up as the measure of intelligence.
    Lots of theories why it happens but about the one thing agreed on is the change is way to rapid for genetics to play a part.

epicyclo

hodgynd – Member
    Not sure about USA citizens in the 1900’s being borderline mentally impaired ..but their current leader hits the mark !

I disagree. I have been following his career since the late 80s.

What we have there is a highly intelligent amoral man who has had to learn EQ, but doesn’t feel it necessary to use that in his dealings with the common herd. A bit like a spoiled prince. No one in his circle gets off with contradicting him.

That he hasn’t gone terminally broke continues to amaze me.

hodgynd
    Free Member

No argument from me ..

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Intelligence and personality as a hereditary characteristics’ is closed to new replies.