insuring an imported car ?

Home Forum Chat Forum insuring an imported car ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • insuring an imported car ?
  • any companies used by anyone on here ?

DickBarton

Admiral were very good for me. Think it depends if it is modded and how much modding.

Adrian Flux, Sky Insurance and Elephant are the three I rotate between. Elephant are surprisingly cheap for Japs.

coffeeking

Elephant don’t touch modified, do they?

I have a Japanese import, (see that? non-pejorative form!) it’s just insured like any other car. Direct Line.

coffeeking

Providing it’s also available as a UK car it won’t cost you anything extra. Jap-only release cars (skylines etc) will cost you a fortune.

lazybike

I have my toyota granvia insured with lifesure.

woffle

Providing it’s also available as a UK car it won’t cost you anything extra. Jap-only release cars (skylines etc) will cost you a fortune.

Not necessarily true.

Depends greatly on the car (of course) but japanese imports usually have an owners / enthusiasts club – it may be worth joining as they often have deals with particular insurance brokers. I insured a modified Mazda Eunos (MX-5) through the MX5 owners club – it actually was a form of classic car policy I think. For comparison – Tescos came in at north of £1100, I think I paid about £210.

jools182

Footman James

What exactly is derogatory about “Japs”? Do you find the term “Brit” insulting?

Anyway, Elephant are fine with up to 5 modifications but won’t touch anything with aftermarket engine management systems.

mate does everything through Sky insurance, he has some ridiculously modded imports.

I don’t think it makes any difference. I changed from a Impreza STI to a R33 Skyline a few years ago, Skyline was imported and messed with by middlehurst too. Only made 50 quid difference

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘insuring an imported car ?’ is closed to new replies.