• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by core.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Insurance rant (sort of)………
  • core

This is going to be a weak rant at best, but I’ve got to get it out!

Car insurance last year – about £400 on a 12 month old hatchback with all the toys, 8 years no claims, approching 30.

SInce last renewal I wrote my mate’s van off, on his policy, claimed (£1900 minus excess). Changed my car to a van on my policy. Got 6 points/£200 fine for use of phone whilst driving, and have just moved house – 15 miles or so, broadly similar rural area.

Renewal price – about £1000.00 I mean I was expecting a bit of a hike, but 250%!!!!!!

Can get it £200 cheaper elsewhere but they want all sorts of documents, proof of address, validation checks etc etc. I’ll probably change back to a car soon, which my current insurer should (I need to check) accomodate mid policy – however, a new policy would be van specific, so going to back to a car would mean cancelling it then taking out another new policy and NCD probably not being transferable.

So, don’t have crashes, and don’t use your phone people, it’s not cool, and it gets expensive fast! I haven’t mentioned the £550 excess on the van claim…………

The crash and the phone thing I attribute to not being in a good place mentally/being absent minded due to relationship issues, I’d put off sorting it and had been unhappy for months. That’s now sorted (I’m single of my own choice), but good god they were an expensive few months at the end. Ouch.

*stealth dating advert ends*

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Insurance rant (sort of)………’ is closed to new replies.