Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Insurance just for the bike
  • ourkidsam
    Free Member

I need some insurance for the new bike. Checked with our current home insurance and they wouldn't cover it as it's over £500 🙄

Anyway, M&S for a just-a-bike policy?

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

i'm just about to change my cover from nat-west to m+s.

my quote went from 175 with nat-west to 296 with m+s but this would then cover me for all of my bikes up to £4000.

worth the extra 125 odd quid

scottalej
    Free Member

I have M&S home and contents insurance which covers all my bikes. See website excerpt below. I know they pay out with no quibles either as a friend made a claim on his insurance.

Do you insure bicycles?
    Yes, and you do not need to specially mention a bicycle unless it is valued at £4000 or more.
    The Contents section will cover your bicycles when it is in your home, an outbuilding or in your garden. The Cover Away From Home section of the policy will provide worldwide cover when they are temporarily removed from your home, including being taken abroad.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

So I should get a second home insurance policy to cover the bike?

DezB
    Free Member

Can't you change your policy?
    I think you can do bike specific policy with the CTC, but it works out quite expensive.
    My Zurich insurance has the bike as a Specified Item.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

scottalej- I just logged on and switched to M&S after your recomendation.

If you're ever in Notts I'll buy you a pint.

scottalej
    Free Member

No worries Practical Matt. The other thing I liked about M&S is they don't ask your home rebuild cost. I live in a granite farmhouse, how the heck am I supposed to know the rebuild on that!

Unlimited cover
    M&S Home Insurance gives you unlimited cover on buildings and contents, so you can relax knowing that you’ll never be underinsured. Limits apply to money and liability cover. We don’t ask you to estimate the cost to rebuild your home – or put a price on everything you own. Just tell us about any item, set or collection worth £4,000 or more.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Insurance just for the bike’ is closed to new replies.