Insurance for cycling Hol

Home Forum Bike Forum Insurance for cycling Hol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Insurance for cycling Hol
  • uplink

I've always gone with dogtag.co.uk & others I know speak good of snowcard.co.uk

None of them [AFAIK] will insure your bike over & above their single item limit – typically £250 – £500
    You'll need to put it on your household policy

i use endsleigh after exhaustive conversations with them about what they cover, effectively they won't cover racing and that's it. we have annual cover

tinsy

Insure and go cover you for extreme sports and general travel cover, I have the family done for about £100 BUT that isnt bike cover just personal cover.

Premier Icon Mad Pierre
    Subscriber

We usually use http://www.snowcard.co.uk and have had claims dealt with no problem in the past.

None of them will cover the value of a decent bike though – best get that on the house insurance.

uplink

Insure and go cover you for extreme sports and general travel cover

They do appear to but specifically mention that they don't cover for 'extreme ground conditions'
    Has anyone ever asked them for a definition of this?

keppoch

Going to Canada on Sat for a 2 week hol. The first week is a guided tour called "Rocky Mountain XC" the second week will be us touring round.

I am considering insurance with Insureandgo which I think covers me in the most part. I have a couple of issues with it however. They flat won't insure my bike. Also, in terms of MTB the charge extra for "downhill racing or extreme terrain conditions"

Who are people insured with? and do you think cycling in Canada on tricky terrain would be classified as "extreme terrain conditions"

Thanks,

keppoch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Insurance for cycling Hol’ is closed to new replies.