Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Insurance for Alps visit,recommendations please.
  • gee68
    Free Member

Im off to Les Arcs next weekend for my first ever bike trip to the alps and wondered if anyone could recommend a comprehensive personal insurance policy incase i damage myself badly. 😯

Any help much appreciated. 🙂

Liftman

Snowcard or Dogtag

coogan
    Free Member

Snowcard.

tomhoward

Last year I used insure and go. Can’t comment on how good they are as didn’t need to use them!

nickc

Dog tag was easy to organise, can’t comment on how they are if you hurt yourself, but cover was pretty comprehensive

jes
    Free Member

Used Snowcard a few times for biking and snowboarding, make sure you select the right level of cover for the type of riding your will be doing.
    Never had to use their services thankfully, but when initially looking around there were some good reviews from those that had needed to make a claim.

gee68
    Free Member

Thanks for all the answers it’s much appreciated. 😀

wl
    Free Member

I reckon British Mountaineering Council (BMC) is probably as good as it gets, if you can afford it.

Northwind

Snowcard for me but Dogtag look fine as well.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

BMC is now a no-no for me…
    Used to be my default go-to as a great no hassel company with perfect cover levels (and an active bmc voulenter), usually working out slightly more expensive than snowcard after you factor in the membership.

however, after a “high-profile” claim they should never have paid their single article limit was reduced to £350
    that wouldnt cover my tent let alone my bike, so if your bike goes missing, you will only get £350….

having said that, their probably no bother under medical claims, but for the alps can you just take your EU medical card and get fixed for free?

I am with snow-card now

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s been years since any of my personal baggage/belongings were covered by travel insurance. Home insurance covers my stuff, travel insurance is to cover me at airports or in hospitals.

qtip

I’ve always used Snowcard too

seanbolton
    Free Member

If you are a British Cycling Member you could try their Travel Insurance Provider.

BC Travel Insurance

I have just insured through them for a road bike trip to Italy this year.

Prices seem reasonable and you can upgrade to include organised and race events that many policies exclude.

Might be worth checking out.

Sean

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Snowcard.

You can use their sliders to customise your cover, which is handy if you already have travel insurance, but it doesn’t cover you for mountain biking (like mine doesn’t)

geoffj

Snowcard were excellent when my FIL died while on hols in Spain.
    They’ll always get my business as a result.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Insurance for Alps visit,recommendations please.’ is closed to new replies.