Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Insurance for Alps trip
  • hamishthecat
    Free Member

I can’t find the recent thread on recommended insurance, even using the search function…

Please could someone give me a link, or recommend an insurer. I’ve used Dogtag in the past (not needed to claim, touch wood) but various people said others were better. Needs to allow cover for taking part in an event – Enduro2. Thanks.

pedlad
    hamishthecat
    Free Member

Cheers

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m in Austrian Alpine Club (UK), you get free S&R, Repat and medical cover. also 3rd party ins. and legal protection cover in Europe. all part of the membership. I usually just add on basic Brits abroad holiday insurance for baggage, money, cancelled flights etc etc type stuff. if you have an expensive bike then I guess you might have to find a policy that has a high single item cover.

Northwind

I’ve never made a claim, but I am a pain in the arse because of pre-existing complaints and that does test things a wee bit more. Basically Dogtag always looked good but couldn’t really deal with my questions about what was covered, and if you can’t do that before a claim, I don’t want to be dealing with it after. Snowcard have always handled that stuff really well for me and I reckon that’s a good sign for service/claims in general.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Insurance for Alps trip’ is closed to new replies.