Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Insulated Lining Paper
  • tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I see some very old topics on this but wondering if anyone had recent experience of thermal lining paper, particularly the Wallrock thermal liner.
    I am not expecting wonders but our room in roof is proving tricky and v expensive to do properly, so wondering if this might give a bit more comfort in the rooms for a fraction of the coat.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I would think of it this way….. If it’s that good then surely everybody would be using it!
    😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Engineering and physics prevents it being any comparison to the levels of insulation that should be in there.

It will be better than regular wallpaper ….but it’ll still be like standing in a plasterboard attic.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rio

We’ve used the thicker Wallrock stuff in a couple of rooms that have some single skinned walls. It does nothing (or at least very little) to reduce overall heat loss but has done wonders in reducing condensation and consequent mould. Not the easiest stuff to work with though, and I wouldn’t use it in areas prone to impacts or high wear as it’s easily dented.

teenrat

We have used it to reduce cold walls, condensation and mould growth. It does work but doesn’t make the rooms warmer.

footflaps

Parents used it in their bathroom to reduce condensation – which it did.

retrorick

I’ve used them thick fleece lined ‘paper’ on my walls and it did a good job over the plastered bricks that it covered.

dyna-ti

In the bedroom of our old house, a small corner room with 2 outside walls(and a drafty old sash window) the outside walls were lined in a polystyrene backed paper with aluminum. It wasnt thick,maybe a couple of millimeters and we eventually stripped it off, but placing your hand on the papered section and the stripped section the difference was remarkable.

It had probably been put on in the 70’s so I’ve no idea what it would be called today.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I would think of it this way….. If it’s that good then surely everybody would be using it!
    😉

prettygreenparrot

Just no. Get it done properly. Then consider infra red wallpaper from octopus. 🤯

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.