Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 686 total)
  • insulate britain protester shoved with a car
  • pondo

Yeah, I can see that working, with the traffic stopped dead and vehicles bumper to bumper…

I would wager that the other side of the blocked carriageway was fairly quiet.

outofbreath
    Free Member

She particularly didn’t look like she was on her way to put a shift in anywhere,

That wasn’t typical of the encounters I’ve seen but even so she didn’t really conform to my idea of privilege: Untaxed Range Rover with bald tyres, plus something about her makes me suspect she didn’t go to Cheltenham Ladies college.

…and she was taking her kids to school, which *is* necessary.

So yeah, I’d guess she was an example of someone who isn’t rolling in cash doing something relatively important
    In contrast the people blocking the road were white middle class people with time to burn.

Poopscoop

Appalling.

Hope the driver sees the inside of a court room. No excuse I can think of to use a car as a weapon.

As for the utter arse hat egging her on, what a merchant banker.

desperatebicycle

Also can’t afford a **** Range Rover

I couldn’t afford her nails, let alone her car.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Hope the driver sees the inside of a court room. No excuse I can think of to use a car as a weapon.

Yeah. That could have ended horrifically, needs sorting through the courts IMHO.

leffeboy

The more ‘hardcore’ activists seem to be mostly white, middle class people who obviously don’t have to be at work etc.

They tend to be because they recognise their privilege and use it.  Not everyone has the luxury of being able to give up work for this and yes it does tend to be the white and middle class because of the way privilege has worked in this country.   They should be applauded for giving up their comfort because that woman  being pushed by the car looked properly scared but I’m sure she will be back.

wheelsonfire1

I’ve seen lots of quotes on this thread about “middle class white people with time to burn”. What evidence is there of this? Are these just quotes repeated from other forums or the tabloid press? And what if they are as quoted, does it diminish the argument for the quick returns (for rich and poor) in having properly insulated homes?

jonno101
    Free Member

espressoal
    Free Member

Imagine the brassneck of someone in your class saying ‘hey is this your mum on youtube?’

dannyh
    Free Member

the current tactics are only angering the kind of people you’d need to be winning over

Not sure they are looking to win over cuprinol-tanned, fat-arsed harpies with fake nails, tits and Range Rovers – who would rather burn every hydrocarbon on earth than give up their hair straighteners / facial saunas / patio heaters.

🤷‍♂️

dannyh
    Free Member

“I’m not joking, my son needs to get to school. Move out the way. Move out the way now.”

Bet he’s close to a suspension/exclusion for being a mouthy little shit, whenever he actually shows up.

Just a bit of supposition on my part, looking at the tree the cherubic little apple fell from.

😉

thegeneralist
    Free Member

and she was taking her kids to school, which *is* necessary.

You ****’ wot? Didn’t somebody say the kid was 12…
    And you’d count that as necessary?

My mind is truly blown

outofbreath
    Free Member

You ****’ wot? Didn’t somebody say the kid was 12…
    And you’d count that as necessary?

?

Olly
    Free Member

and she was taking her kids to school, which *is* necessary.

50:50 the school is a short walk from the house.

I couldn’t afford her nails, let alone her car.

Tbh, bald tyres,no tax,I don’t imagine she can afford the car,really.

I don’t think the XR lot are going about it the right way, but I haven’t got any better suggestions so I’ll keep shtum.

singletrackmind

It’ll be a rented car most likely
    Fat cow could have just parked up and walked little Alfie the [ guess ] 1/4 mile to school but no , I am entitled so I am going to nudge you out of my way.
    NO one comes out of this looking good in any way
    The Insinuate Britain cause rise in CO by blocking roads /making traffic jams which people sit in with their engines running
    Why was she waving her phone around? Is it some kind of disrupter weapon weapon that makes people turn to ash ? nope she is exactly the type to use her phone constantly whilst driving / eating / drinking , updating her ‘socials’ and needing the drip drip drip of the dopamine hit of every ‘like’ or heart emoji
    Bet shes even got ‘Blessed’ written across her arse crack . bit stretched now as she has developed big bone syndrome

paul0
    Free Member

They need to chain themselves to Shell & BP HQ

And what do you expect Shell and BP to do about the lack of insulation in UK housing ?

outofbreath
    Free Member

It’ll be a rented car most likely

No tax, bald tyres. Not sounding rented to me.

martinhutch

updating her ‘socials’ and needing the drip drip drip of the dopamine hit of every ‘like’ or heart emoji

<hits ‘like’ button>

I’ll bet she’s got ‘Live, Laugh, Love’ in big letters fixed to her kitchen wall.

trail_rat
    Free Member

They need to chain themselves to Shell & BP HQ

XR tried that several times.

Given it’s probably the same professional protestors they are probably aware that it was about as successful as shouting at the wind.

espressoal
    Free Member

To be fair she was well insulated, in a let’s rethink stretch clothing sort of way.

singletrackmind

Rented / Hired / Pcp/ PcH deal
    all the same to me . You are just borrowing it for a period of time
    Gobby son gets out the car waving a McDonalds shake around. Maybe if they have the time to go out for breakfast of a morning then ramming ladies with 2T 4×4 might not be so neccessary.

wheelsonfire1

It’s got us all talking so must be making us think! Professional protesters or middle class white people with time to burn? It’s got to be mostly people who can have time off work or are retired and take the hit when arrested. Respect for taking a position and taking action (non violent).

desperatebicycle

Can you imagine sitting in a Range Rover and just driving at someone you know is sat in front of your massive car?* You’d have no idea if it would crush her, break her neck, snap her back like a twig… you just wouldn’t know. And still you press on that accelerator. Woman is a **** psycho.

(*with your 11 year old child in the car)

outofbreath
    Free Member

Can you imagine sitting in a Range Rover and just driving at someone you know is sat in front of your massive car? You’d have no idea if it would crush her, break her neck, snap her back like a twig… you just wouldn’t know. And still you press on that accelerator. Woman is a **** psycho.

+1

It’s chilling. It’s not a driving issue, it’s a deliberate reckless assault with a weapon that could easily have killed or maimed.

stumpyjon

Yeah the woman was definitely out of order, doesn’t excuse the idiots blocking the roads, gluing themselves down so not even the emergency services can get through.

Massive entitlement all around, the woman in the nicked Range Rover (we’ve established we don’t think it’s rented) and the holier than thou glue fetishists, who to be honest do look like very comfortably off middle class people with time on their hands who a criminal record won’t cause a lot of issues for.

People’s heartfelt beliefs don’t trump the obstruction laws or court orders, if they did it be would anarchy.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Yeah the woman was definitely out of order, doesn’t excuse the idiots blocking the roads, gluing themselves down so not even the emergency services can get through.

Massive entitlement all around, the woman in the nicked Range Rover (we’ve established we don’t think it’s rented) and the holier than thou glue fetishists, who to be honest do look like very comfortably off middle class people with time on their hands who a criminal record won’t cause a lot of issues for.

People’s heartfelt beliefs don’t trump the obstruction laws or court orders, if they did it be would anarchy.Yeah the woman was definitely out of order, doesn’t excuse the idiots blocking the roads, gluing themselves down so not even the emergency services can get through.

People’s heartfelt beliefs don’t trump the obstruction laws or court orders, if they did it be would anarchy.

+1

pondo

So yeah, I’d guess she was an example of someone who isn’t rolling in cash doing something relatively important

Oh sure, nothing says “not rolling in cash” like a 20 plate Range Rover driver seriously considering running someone over on the school run.

desperatebicycle

Woman sat in the road was in no danger of killing or maiming anyone though. There’s your balance.

stumpyjon

Woman sat in the road was in no danger of killing or maiming anyone though.

Apart from the critical patient in ambulance who got stuck in the congestion, or the kid walking to school who struggled to cross the road due to congestion, or the person with breathing issues who had an attack due to intensity of exhaust fumes generated by the additional congestion.

singletrackmind

What if the lady had lain down across the road. Another Emily Pankhurst moment updated by 100 years if nail bar hippo drops the clutch.

Bet she updated her faceache profile with a fricken ‘ BE KIND’ Rainbow sillohette when the love island presenter died. Unless im going to be late for mildreds purple rinse at the salon, then being kind is not on todays agenda

jambourgie
    Free Member

Apart from the critical patient in ambulance who got stuck in the congestion

Ah yes, ‘Schrodinger’s Paramedic’.

he kid walking to school

Wut? It ain’t 1985. Kids are transported around in leased Range Rovers.

pondo

Apart from the critical patient in ambulance who got stuck in the congestion

You are gonna shit yourself when you find out how many KSIs there are on UK roads.

or the kid walking to school who struggled to cross the road due to congestion

Traffic’s stopped for once – piece of the proverbial

or the person with breathing issues who had an attack due to intensity of exhaust fumes generated by the additional congestion.

If only someone would do something about those pesky fumes, maybe a protest or something?

singletrackmind

Personality i prefer crossing roads with stationery traffic caused by congestion, rather tben crossing rods with a constant stream of traffic doing 40,mph a foot in front of me but maybe im on my own on that.

dissonance

I don’t think the XR lot are going about it the right way, but I haven’t got any better suggestions so I’ll keep shtum.

That is the challenge.
    If you did highly targeted protests against the government then no one would report it unless you dumped a bunch of abestos/some other thing to link it to insulation.
    So noticable disruption is needed but as you say “better suggestions” on how to do it is somewhat tricky since you need to annoy people enough for it to be reported but not so much to turn everyone against you.

leffeboy

Ah yes, ‘Schrodinger’s Paramedic’.

Beautiful

kelvin

Apart from the critical patient in ambulance who got stuck in the congestion, or the kid walking to school who struggled to cross the road due to congestion, or the person with breathing issues who had an attack due to intensity of exhaust fumes generated by the additional congestion.

What about all the other people causing congestion? Are they complicit in the health effects of their roles as part of the traffic?

If you did highly targeted protests against the government

You would be stopped from doing so.

trail_rat
    Free Member

then being kind is not on todays agenda

For either party.

chrismac

What did the protestors expect to happen when they sit in the middle of the road? Do they actually think the public care about their cause enough to be  happy to be held up by their futile meaningless stunt. Sure they have the right to protest, equally the road users have the right to go about their lawful business

desperatebicycle

the person with breathing issues who had an attack due to intensity of exhaust fumes generated by the additional congestion.

Ooh, I’m sure I’ve heard that shit spouted when claiming cyclists are bad for the environment..

kelvin

equally the road users have the right to go about their lawful business

Forgetting that the person involved in this was breaking any number of laws, all at the same time. As are many other road users. Every day. The right to protest is being eroded, this will require protests to happen “in the community” rather than be directed at key people or locations. There will be more of this in future, sadly. It’s how protesting looks when it is “cracked down on” near the seats of political power in London etc. Protestors need to be nimble to make their point, they aren’t going to be sitting outside the Palace of Westminster, or any similar site, any more. That’s now denied them.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 686 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.