Viewing 19 posts - 641 through 659 (of 659 total)
  • insulate britain protester shoved with a car
  • Premier Icon richmtb

But where’s the quid pro quo?

They have criminalised blocking the road but have the charged the driver of the Chav Panzer with anything?

No thought not.

Premier Icon Houns

FFs more draconian measures put into place by this ridiculous government

Edit. What Rich says. You’re fine to assault someone with a vehicle but you dare use your right to protest. ‘Kin joke

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

Amendment 319C criminalises “wilful obstruction of a highway”.

I wonder if that includes causing a traffic jam by driving a car in a heavily congested area? Or driving a car for journey that easily be done by foot or bike? Or the school run chaos?

Premier Icon montgomery
    Free Member

I thought Karen was a slur against racists?

Nah, it’s always been about entitled whining middle class women.

It’s so confusing, I don’t know whether to be offended or not.

Barry. Rupert. Sharon. One of those should cover it.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

Do we think this includes parking in cycle lanes, school run parking and parking on pavements?

Could be an upside to this.

Premier Icon duckman

Do we think this includes parking in cycle lanes, school run parking and parking on pavements?

Could be an upside to this.

I admire your optimism.

Premier Icon bensales
    Free Member

Someone will use that to have a go at a bunch of cyclist on a club run.

Premier Icon thenorthwind

Does anyone know what happened to Range Rover driving Karen? Was she charged for her driving, her lack of tax or her bald tyre?

Surprised this hasn’t made it to this thread (unless it has and I’ve missed it, in which case, apologies):

Range Rover mum who rammed Insulate Britain doing meet-and-greets

Premier Icon CountZero

I admire your optimism.

So do I. Sadly, I think it’s highly unlikely. Cars are parked on the pavement down my road, in such a way that it’s awkward to walk between them and fences/hedges, let alone get a pram, pushchair or buggy through.

Premier Icon tjagain

But now you will be able to push for prosecution of pavement parkers under this new law

Premier Icon kelvin

Good luck with that. This legislation is to empower the police, when instructed by the government. You won’t get far trying to use it privately.

Premier Icon leffeboy

that stuff is incredible,  I hope it doesn’t get through.  It seems like a good idea to make the life of police easier but in reality it just puts power in the hands of lobbyists to make it impossible to object to something once they have paid off the appropriate people.  It really stinks.  Protest is inconvenient but it is at the sticky end of democracy where people are willing to inconvenience themselves to prevent government overreaching.  This is making that area smaller so fewer people will be willing to protest and governments will find themselves (and their paymasters) able to go further before there is any real protest.  Not a good thing

In Brussels two weeks ago there was the bizarre situation of the police arresting a whole bunch of people not only for protesting but also for being likely to protest.  Anyone on the streets anywhere near the protest was handcuffed and stuck in a cell.  However, their powers were very limited and everyone was free to go a few hours later.  Not ideal either but a softer edge to protest so that ‘democracy’ is able to show the edge of where people are comfortable with the government a lot sooner

Premier Icon chevychase
    Free Member

96bn to make more trains in the north (to compensate no Brum>Leeds HS2).

Or 96bn to insulate the 7m houses in blighty that need insulating to meet climate change targets.

Tough choice.

Premier Icon tpbiker
    Free Member

So…about 3 pages in I stated that all these IB idiots would achieve is to give our joke of a government an excuse to introduce laws to curtail legitimate protests

I was called an apologist

Yet here we are…

🤔

Premier Icon squirrelking
    Free Member

So…about 3 pages in I stated that all these IB idiots would achieve is to give our joke of a government an excuse to introduce laws to curtail legitimate protests

I was called an apologist

Yet here we are…

Do you think for a minute if it hadn’t been this then it wouldn’t have happened at all?

Premier Icon chevychase
    Free Member

@tpbiker – the government is curtailing *legitimate* protest.

If you blame the IB guys for the *government* being horrible then you’re a proper plonker.

What’s the point of *legitimate* protest if as soon as you use your legitimate rights they’re taken away from you?

We should support protest – “legitimate” or not.

Suffragettes. Mandela. Bombing campaigns. Just sayin’.

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

Not the same level of hate in certain ‘newspapers'(Term used loosely) for those who block the streets in anti-mask and anti-lockdown protests.

Premier Icon tpbiker
    Free Member

If you blame the IB guys for the *government* being horrible then you’re a proper plonker.

And if that’s what you took from my post I’d say you are a bit thick tbf

Let me clarify for the simple minded. The Tory government are in my eyes evil, I don’t blame IB for my that. I do however blame them for adopting an approach that has been unpopular with the masses, had achieved sweet fa other than present the government with an excuse to introduce this legislation.

Do you think for a minute if it hadn’t been this then it wouldn’t have happened at all?

I imagine they probably were quite keen to introduce this kind of thing for a while, and were just looking for an excuse. Then along came IB and gave them one. Which is my point.

Anyways, I have better things to do than debate this with you clowns so I’ll let you debate amongst yourselves.

Premier Icon squirrelking
    Free Member

I imagine they probably were quite keen to introduce this kind of thing for a while, and were just looking for an excuse. Then along came IB and gave them one. Which is my point.

Then why the angst? If it wasn’t IB it would have been some other cause, it was all but inevitable, this just didn’t pass your standards of being a worthy hill to die on. Which is fine, you’re entitled to believe that, but IB are as much to blame for this as ravers were for the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.

Viewing 19 posts - 641 through 659 (of 659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.