Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 659 total)
  • insulate britain protester shoved with a car
  • Premier Icon Olly
    Free Member

insulate-britain-protester-was-pushed-by-wheels-of-car-video

I get why “normals” get a bit irritated by insulate britain crusties, even if they do agree with the message, but the silly cow in the range rover is meeting all the stereotypes.

I wonder if she’ll get charged with assault, and with using her vehicle as a weapon?

place your bets (odds are not especially good)

Premier Icon martinhutch

Ah, Sarf Essex, I miss it so.

Premier Icon nickc

“normals”?

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Free Member

You’re entirely missing the point. She has a Range Rover!

Premier Icon kimbers

Range rovers essential for school runs tbf

Premier Icon pondo

Shame they pixilated the number plate, it is (or was) untaxed.

Premier Icon revs1972
    Free Member

Probably upset cos its not a proppa Range Rover.
    Massive display of self entitlement by ALL concerned

Premier Icon thegeneralist

I’ve got to say that I’m humbled by what these protestors are willing to put up with for their cause. Serious respect due.

( obviously I’d be more conflicted if it were my roads they were blocking)

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVL0m5-ojQE/?utm_medium=copy_link

Not pixelated here.

Fat cow.

Premier Icon ayjaydoubleyou
    Free Member

I get why “normals” get a bit irritated by insulate britain crusties

A bit? Having someone completely trap you on the road as part of their protest to somehow send a message to the government/media/world, making you a completely helpless pawn in their game, while at the same time causing you financial expense?

I’d be livid too, especially if I was unfortunate enough to be in the front row. I wouldn’t use my car to push them, but only because its got a number plate and they undoubtedly have cameras running.

Premier Icon surfer
    Free Member

but only because its got a number plate and they undoubtedly have cameras running

So you would drive over somebody who was inconveniencing you if you could get away with it? nice.

Premier Icon Olly
    Free Member

“normals”?

Takes a level of dedication one way or another to glue yourself to the middle of the road.

Average Middle of the road man (ironically) doesnt get worked up about it, keeps his head down and lets the status quo wash over him.

Not saying hes right, just…. middle of bell curve. a Normal. Average. Ordinary.

Premier Icon mos

‘slag antlers’. Love ’em.

Premier Icon 5lab
    Free Member

Takes a level of dedication one way or another to glue yourself to the middle of the road.

takes a level of dedication one way or another to try to run over a protester in a car with a numberplate on too 😀

when idiots collide..

Premier Icon allanoleary

They are disrupting the lives of the wrong people. It’s Westminster They should be blockading, not the people going about their normal lives. I’d be mighty pissed off if they stopped me seeing my daughter (most common reason for a drive). However, the obviously self entitled bint in the “only important people drive one” Range Rover went too far in response and deserves to be charged and banned.

Premier Icon csb

I’ve got to say that I’m humbled by what these protestors are willing to put up with for their cause. Serious respect due.

Once we’ve all accepted that climate change is real and we can’t carry on driving range rovers (add your polluting behavour of choice here) we’re going to look back on these protestors as visionaries and with disbelief that we didn’t all get behind them.

Premier Icon ayjaydoubleyou
    Free Member

So you would drive over somebody who was inconveniencing you if you could get away with it? nice.

“inconveniencing” is being behind a bike, or an elderly person slowly shuffling over a zebra crossing. Both things I’d happily wait for, part and parcel of living on a little island with 60 million others.

Someone deliberately blocking roads making me an unwilling part of their protest, as I explained in the rest of my post, is a different kettle of fish.

Premier Icon grum

Urgh the comments, and the people heard in the vid shouting encouragement.

Maybe your son could walk/cycle to school if there wasn’t so many angry people in Range Rovers about eh.

Premier Icon commencaltr29rider

She should be charged for that. Clearly crossed the line of civilised behaviour.

Premier Icon g5604
    Free Member

Genuine question – how else are they meant to get heard? Polite protest outside downing street (300m away) will not even be reported.

Premier Icon revs1972
    Free Member

They are disrupting the lives of the wrong people. It’s Westminster They should be blockading, not the people going about their normal lives.

Exactly this. Westminster are just laughing at them . They know the general public are pissed off with them so why would they dance to their tune.

Yet, funny you dont see them out when its pissing down do you, what with them being so dedicated to the cause 🙄

Premier Icon johndoh
    Free Member

Neither was right but the woman in the car was clearly much more in the wrong here.

Premier Icon bridges
    Free Member

Seems to have become very much a class thing, this enviro-protesting. The more ‘hardcore’ activists seem to be mostly white, middle class people who obviously don’t have to be at work etc. The XR mob who disrupted Tube services just enraged everyone who was just trying to get to work to pay the bills to survive. As just one example; a friend was en route to a court hearing for a very vulnerable kid, which then had to be delayed as he couldn’t attend, which affected not only that child, but several others involved, and cost many thousands of pounds of largely taxpayers’ money. Multiply such things by hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands etc, and it has a very negative impact on all of society. And does nothing to win people over. Previously sympathetic people have now been turned off by XR etc, so it’s been a largely negative campaign. Lose-lose. It’s only those in a position of some privilege, who can ‘protest’ in such a manner. Not that many can afford to take such an amount of time ff work, or the expensive lawyers needed. And didn’t one of the XR founders fly to Mexico for a yoga retreat or something? Right.

That doesn’t excuse the assaults that we’re seeing by irate people who’ve been delayed. I love how the aggressive actions of the bloke pulling protestors out of the road, are utterly futile, as they keep shuffling back into position. 😀 As for the Range Rover woman; proof if it were even needed, that many shouldn’t be driving cars anyway. 2 types of self-entitlement going on their, but she’s by far the worst.

Somewhere in the middle, there is a better solution. But this type of shit just ain’t working.

Premier Icon mrlebowski
    Free Member

Urgh the comments, and the people heard in the vid shouting encouragement.

Really? Why am I not surprised TBH.

It’s a tricky one. As much as they’ve a right to peaceful protest & they are making valid points – antagonising those whose minds you are trying to change isn’t the way forward. Get up to Westminster & get in a few faces there. Upsetting the ‘normals’ & getting in the way of their (mostly) lawful business isn’t going to win you any support & the Gov must be p1ssing themselves with laughter as at every turn they just alienate themselves & whole climate change cause further.

Premier Icon bridges
    Free Member

Genuine question – how else are they meant to get heard? Polite protest outside downing street (300m away) will not even be reported.

Sure, but the current tactics are only angering the kind of people you’d need to be winning over, and turning public opinion against you. So that’s not working very well, is it?

Premier Icon yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I feel a tipper truck full of “extra” pig carcasses dumped as close to parliament or number 10 as possible might be an effective protest.

Plus points for being a bit “EU”!

Premier Icon g5604
    Free Member

Not sure really, we are all talking about it at least. It was not an issue I was super aware of before. In a way its been more effective then all the XR protests as they have a clear demand.

Premier Icon supernova
    Free Member

Nobody of any use to society ever got out of a Range Rover.

Premier Icon Northwind

If you find climate change protesters excessively annoying, you’re going to really love climate change

Premier Icon jamesoz

It’ll end up with someone actually getting hurt unfortunately. When someone even less civilised and more able or more prepared to use force to let out their frustration.
    Wether it’s following through with the shove or an old fashioned kicking.

Premier Icon Murray

It’s untaxed. The office in the background identifies the location so I’ve reported it. Hopefully she’ll get fined for that at least.

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

Neither party come out looking good.

Premier Icon franksinatra

The front offside tyre looks bald (vid at 37secs)

Premier Icon piha
    Free Member

I have a lot of sympathy for the Insulate Britain protests but I feel their actions are just driving a wedge between citizens, the same citizens they actually need to support them and their protests. Insulate Britain really need to start inconveniencing politicians and making them take notice rather than folks that are just going about their daily business. I fear somebody is going to get seriously hurt or worse before too long.

Premier Icon devbrix

Carefully curated clip by Insulate full of powerful symbolism. If they are only half as sophisticated at XR they will have worked out their sympathetic audience and be commissioning social media to put it on their timelines to get them riled. Building to COP26.

Premier Icon poly
    Free Member

I have a lot of sympathy for the Insulate Britain protests but ……I fear somebody is going to get seriously hurt or worse before too long.

i dare say that many people said that sort of thing about the suffragettes. I’m not convinced Insulate Britain are achieving what they want to achieve but I am certain that if they’ve made a complaint to the police about the range rover driver that she’ll be in court, either for assault or dangerous driving (or both).

Premier Icon revs1972
    Free Member

The front offside tyre looks bald.

We talking bout the car ?

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

As just one example; a friend was en route to a court hearing for a very vulnerable kid, which then had to be delayed as he couldn’t attend, which affected not only that child, but several others involved, and cost many thousands of pounds of largely taxpayers’ money. Multiply such things by hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands etc, and it has a very negative impact on all of society. And does nothing to win people over.

However much I agree with the cause, this is very valid. MrsMC deals with similar sounding court cases. I seem to recall a series on London Ambulance Service showed them having a nightmare getting to emergency calls due to the XR protests.

I get the need to get publicity, I get that inconvenience might follow, but **** up peoples lives and jobs crosses a line.

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

Road blocked.
    Solution – Reverse, do a U turn and go another route.
    Problem solved.

Driving right up to the person sitting int he road, then nudging them with the vehicle in an aggressive manner is an assault. But will the police take any action thats the key here and personally I think they’ll let that one go with maybe a tut tut and a wag of the finger.

That paper which shall remain nameless has some of the worst comments I’ve yet seen on there. With talk of either running her over, ie committing murder, or others saying it is justified running them down because they are sitting in the road by choice, therefore anything goes.

That paper ,rag, home to scumbags are driving this level of abuse.

Premier Icon kelvin

I admit to not driving in London very much. Is there often only one route to school/court/hospital?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.