Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Installing new HT2 chainset….
  • MoreCashThanDash

…which bits – if any – might need some grease or copperslip before installing them?

(Or I could wait and see which bits I installed last time won't come off, I guess……)

CalD
    Free Member

grease the BB threads and the axle and you should be fine 🙂

scaredypants

I do all the bits – splines, threads (of cups & BB, chainring bolts, LH crank bolts, tensioner cap). Have a bit of a habit of topping up the grease in the bearings too.

No idea if it's right to do so

CalD
    Free Member

you dont want to grease the LH crank arm threads or preload cap (unless ya want them coming loose 😉 ) but make sure the BB threads have tons stops creaking

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for this guys

legspin
    Free Member

I installed my new ones on the orange today, so that means the rocky should be quiet on Wednesday night, will you and Dave be out?

bialled_dikes
    Free Member

you dont want to grease the LH crank arm threads or preload cap (unless ya want them coming loose ) but make sure the BB threads have tons stops creaking

always greased mine and never had them come unintentionally loose.

robarnold
    Free Member

you dont want to grease the LH crank arm threads or preload cap (unless ya want them coming loose ) but make sure the BB threads have tons stops creaking

always greased mine and never had them come unintentionally loose.

Me neither

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Don't do what I did first time and over tighten the preload screw to a point of breaking it, it's just for pulling everything together, you want everything turning nice and freely.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Installing new HT2 chainset….’ is closed to new replies.