Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Installing ADB/Fastboot software…(phone stuck in bootloop)
  • bearnecessities

Hoping someone may help here..

I have two sets of instructions to get my phone out of a bootloop.

1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6x7k-VkpUJUnVnYWg4VXRkOVk/view

and then..

2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6x7k-VkpUJMlZ1aEliVnhMOHM/view

However, I appear to be a bit stuck on step one. I’ve downloaded and extracted to the location as stated, but then the test with the command prompt doesn’t work. Doesn’t recognise ADB.

There are no .exe files in the downloaded documents (maybe there shouldn’t be one?)

Ta for any help. (EDIT: WIN10)

Cougar

the test with the command prompt doesn’t work. Doesn’t recognise ADB.

CD to the directory where you installed the tools?  It’s not added to %path%.

Cougar

I’ve looked at the instructions now.

There are no .exe files in the downloaded documents (maybe there shouldn’t be one?)

The Windows link at the top is a .zip file containing adb.exe and a bunch of other stuff.  Extract the contents to a folder somewhere, then CD to that folder.  (I probably wouldn’t bother with all the business of setting paths in environment variables, it should just work if you’re in the correct folder.)

bearnecessities

Yay, Cougar 🙂

I can’t see any .exe files 🙁

oldtennisshoes

Turn on showing file extensions

The adb file in the directory listing looks like an application (.exe) file, but you can’t see the extension, because you aren’t showing extensions.

willard

I’ll bet that the problem is a combination of the ones that people have already said… Windows will hide file extensions when it can (because reasons) so anything you see in the screenshot that say ‘application’ is going to be an EXE.

Also, change to the right directory and try again. Adb will probably work.

Cougar

The file extensions are hidden.  That’s fine, ignore that.

Do this:

cd \adb\platform-tools

Cart on.

bearnecessities

Hurrah! Thanks, all 🙂

oldtennisshoes

The file extensions are hidden.  That’s fine, ignore that.

Except if they weren’t hidden he’d have realised that the .exe file was there.

Cougar

Sure.  But he can still ignore it whether he realised it or not.

TBH, it’s a bloody stupid ‘feature’ and I always turn it off.  But it’s not stopping him from doing anything.

bearnecessities

Bum, didn’t fix the problem.

However going back through the instructions I’ve realised that when I’ve run the fastboot devices command, it doesn’t return my device details (even though adb devices did).

I’ve double clicked on the fastboot.exe file again, but still made no change.

Long shot now I know, but any ideas before I lob my THIRD knackered pixel out of the window?

Thanks 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

If nobody knows on here, ask politely on XDA

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Installing ADB/Fastboot software…(phone stuck in bootloop)’ is closed to new replies.