Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Installing a water meter. Would you?
  • jonba
    Free Member

We had one fitted just before xmas. I Newcastle. Our bills dropped from just over £40 to £20 a month. We have no garden, hardly ever wash the car, prefer showers etc.

If you have a leak you don’t necessarily get charged provided you get it fixed within a certain time limit. Besides, if I had a leak I’d like to know before it did any real damage.

It wouldn’t figure in our decision to buy a house. In terms of what we spent overall it is a tiny figure and there were much more important considerations. We were quite picky with our house choice though and what we bought was a bit different from the very typical 1930’s semi that is seemingly on every other street in Newcastle.

sharkbait
    Free Member

My agent called me a few minutes ago about exchanging contracts. I asked her for her view on water meters and she said don’t do it.

And you’re taking advise from some random estate agent?

BUT will the house be harder to sell or will I get less for it?

No

elzorillo
    Free Member

Seems fair to pay for what you use really……..

Even when you have no alternative choice of supply and they can charge what they want?

ransos
    Free Member

Even when you have no alternative choice of supply and they can charge what they want?

Half right: they can’t charge what they want.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Installing a water meter. Would you?’ is closed to new replies.