Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Inspire me – show me your SC Bullits
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

I've recently built this which I bought and thought when I got it that the colour is absolutely minging, it's not growing on me. So it's going to get repainted and the bits that are currently on it will be reused so I'm after some inspiration on a colour choice so pics of your Bullits old and new please

Cheers

Ken

ken_shields
    Free Member

Nobody's got any then 🙄

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Just after being powdercoated.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Not mine, a mates.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wish I hadn't sold it. Given a colour choice I'd go for something like the new seabright blue or bright orange.

toys19
    Free Member

I've got two

the black one (original sc paintjob)

and the black one (local aircraft sprayers)

I've got a long lecture on why you should have it sprayed and not powder coated but nobody on here seems interested..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Metallic Lime Green.

*THREAD CLOSED*

ps I've had 2 Hecklers powder coated without problems.

*THREAD REALLY CLOSED NOW*

HeatherBash
    Free Member

The guy was asking about Bullits dude.

Black with a polished rear end and yup, that army green is truly minging

coogan
    Free Member

My old new one. If that makes sense.

toys19
    Free Member

ps I've had 2 Hecklers powder coated without problems.

PSA – Nobody buy a heckler from Cynic-Al

In engineering anecdotes do not make the grade as scientific evidence.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The guy was asking about Bullits dude.

Erm, so there's a difference to powder coating a Heckler to a Bullit? FWIW it was a pic of a metallic lime green Bullit that made me get one of my bikes in that colour – but not the Hecklers as the forks would have clashed.

toys19 – Member

PSA – Nobody buy a heckler from Cynic-Al

Change the record, please. Yes you've read books and have an engineering qualification and some powdercoating "may" affect the heat treatment.

Have you ANY evidence, even anecdotal, that it make frames fail?

Thought not. Amusing what folk will do to promote their own web persona.

toys19
    Free Member

I'm not trying to promote any kind of web persona, I'm trying to help people by preventing them from possibly ruining their frame.

Yes…. some powdercoating "may" affect the heat treatment.

Thanks for acknowledging that, lets move on shall we.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thought not.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>Erm, so there's a difference to powder coating a Heckler to a Bullit<

I think we both know the answer to that – do you have a pic of a Bullit?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Erm…there's a few up there? ^^^

toys19
    Free Member

Thought not.

How about "nullius in verba" so do not take my word for it, why don't you look at the evidence.

It is funny how your hostility to this is related to the fact that you've already had your frames powder coated, so now have to justify your position because you don't want to accept that you "may" have inadvertently ruined your frame.

All I did was offer my free advice, take it or do not. I do not actually give a toss.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It is funny how your hostility to this is related to the fact that you've already had your frames powder coated, so now have to justify your position because you don't want to accept that you "may" have inadvertently ruined your frame.

Not at all, I was not aware of the argument when I had it done, if it breaks, it breaks (I'm not at all gnar so it's less likey).

I'm not hostile, I just find it sad that some folk trot out obscure arguments like this without any evidence of the effect, usually quoting a book or their engineering qualification, or even latin 🙄 😉 . The old "I've said this, you can look for evidence if you like" is a bit lame, almost as bad as crikey's "I have said this so it's true until you disprove it". See also lifting bearing seals, spokes being in compression etc.

julianwilson
    Free Member

blimey you two, get a room!

If my bullit was that colour i would risk (if it is a risk) weakness with a respray: that colour is ming!

Mine is metallic grey and about to have a possibly questionable makeover with the use of probably-not-matching coloured grips, pedals and decals.

It also has a newish coil dhx5 and old 66's and rides ridiculously well for such an old relaively cheap bike.

toys19
    Free Member

I didn't have a chance to post any evidence before you jumped on me. And as You well know I have detailed this elsewhere.

quoting a book or their engineering qualification

so if it says so in an engineering reference book it must be wrong? Bloody hell we went to the moon based on engineers and their text books, what exactly do you trust?

blimey you two, get a room!

I kept offering but Al wouldn't play unless I dressed in a furry dog outfit and hung around near ancient monuments…

If my bullit was that colour i would risk (if it is a risk) weakness with a respray: that colour is ming!

I never said respray was not a good idea.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Thanks for the pics chaps and chapesses.

toys19
    I've got a long lecture on why you should have it sprayed and not powder coated but nobody on here seems interested..

No offence fella but you can keep your lecture to yourself. Like Al I've had loads of bikes powder coated over the years and haven't had one fail yet. Like all these things there is a risk but there's also a risk of material defects, poor welding and component failure (biggest risk on a bike after your inability to ride it).

toys19
    Free Member

No offence fella but you can keep your lecture to yourself.

Ken no offence taken, as a bullit-o-phile I will be keen to see pics of yours when its done.

cynic-al
    Free Member

toys I'd be happy to read the evidence if you can post up a link again.

And you could have kept it quiet about the dog outfit 😀

toys19
    Free Member

Sorry about the dog outfit thing, I was just a bit put out as I'd invested a lot in my gorilla suit..

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Inspire me – show me your SC Bullits’ is closed to new replies.