Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Inspire me……. again
  • kevs
    Free Member

Ive always been keen with bikes but struggling a bit the last year.

Back story is cycling to work, often the long way (20 odd miles) active job and rides at the weekend. Lost 4 stone and felt better than ever.

Along came twins which helped even more with a cargo bike everywhere. As they got heavier i stuck a cheap e hub motor on it to flatten the big hills round here.

Then…. moved house, started a new job involving way less activity and 5 am starts/11pm finishes alternating making commuting by bike much harder.

Ive put a stone back on and struggling for motivation to eat well again. Still using the cargo bike as often as i can, now weighing around 65kg all in!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Join us for the remaining 40 days or so – a few people have said they’ve got their mojo back off the back of it, including a guy in the same situation as you where their commute has gone and they needed a shove.

100 Day Challenge – Exercise every day for 100 days til Christmas

kevs
    Free Member

Good shout, thanks munro!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

65kg all in!

half of me. just ride when you can.

lunge

half of me. just ride when you can.

See, I read that as the 65kg was the weight of the cargo bike.

ton

lunge, I reckon you are right…. lol

kevs
    Free Member

65kg is two boys, two potties, numerous spare clothes and a homemade steel cargo bike!

I’m currently 14 st whatever that is in kg

ads678

14st, pah! A mere waif. Just ride when you can and if you can fit in a run or two, bonus. Don’t worry about the weight.

leffeboy

5 am starts/11pm – alternating

That doesn’t sound like a life.   That would kill my spirit to do anything :(.  It’s a huge change along with a growing family and must leave almost no time for you.  You might need to be carving out time just for youself at the weekends rather than trying to cram something into non-existant space.  Don’t worry about the weight, worry more about motivation

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Change your job. The only thing you stand to do right now is grind yourself into uselessness and ill-heath.

kevs
    Free Member

I think ive made my shift pattern seem real bad, its actually mon-fri 13:30-23:00, mon-fri 05:00-14:30 followed by sat/sun 08:00-20:00 then seven days off.

Without going into detail its 95% waiting so i could actually fit exercise into my day at work.

Im not worried about the weight so much, just need the oomph to get moving/doing something more. I know after a couple weeks it’ll be a habit and be easy again!

malv173
    Free Member

Look ar the GMBN training videos. There are a few that are quite good.

Like this one:

Only a 6 minute circuit that you can build up the number of circuits.

Or get a turbo trainer set up in front of a tv to ease the boredom.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Inspire me……. again’ is closed to new replies.