Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Inspiration request – DJ bikes!
  • cookeaa

I’m assembling a Dirt jump / Street frame at the minute and require some Aesthetic inspiration:

One Gear, one Brake 24″ or 26″, Rigid or bouncey forks… just so long as it looks purrrddyyy…

Whatchagot????

rocketman
    Free Member

NS Metropolis 2:

Pic was taken on day #1 since then I’ve removed the front brake (obv)

Fitted the Jungle bars & grips:

And the Jungle pedals:

Although it doesn’t look it on the first pic the hubs and stem are the same eyeball-searing dayglo highlighter lemon/lime colour

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

not a great pic but love the flat black look..

…shame i never ride thing, been unused for about 2 years at least.

bigjim

I have a debadged and stripped yeti DJ, was going to debadge all the components too, but haven’t quite managed it yet…

deanfbm
    Free Member

Set on one of these when money allows. Giving 26″ a go after many, many years on BMX.

nickhead
    Free Member

My first Arrow DSS, resprayed in grey

Had it set up with both 24s and 24/26 (as designed). Comp 3s were rubbish but looked cool.

honourablegeorge

This caught my eye during the week. Deity Cryptkeeper.

mark_b
    Free Member

Purple rims, white spokes, single speed, sorted.

cookeaa

Are plain black frames “on Trend” for DJ bikes ATM or something?

I have a debadged and stripped yeti DJ, was going to debadge all the components too, but haven’t quite managed it yet…

I’ve just gotten hold of an old Norco 250 frame which the previous owner had powder coated a sort of slightly off white, cream and has no decals, so it looks quite plain,I think if you are going without logos and labels to break things up the clour scheme needs to be quite specific.

I’ve also got some quite nice 3 piece cranks in White, I need to offer them up to the frame and have a look, but I have a feeling that a plain Cream frame and white cranks are going to look a bit odd together and that one or other is going to have to change, TBH I don’t fancy painting anything ATM…

As for the rest of the bike I’m completely undecided, I’ve got a fair few spares about that I can use to build it up, wheels, bars brakes, but they’re all a bit bland. And right now
    I’ve got no forks and I can’t decide if I should go for some manly rigids, opt for some Basic Marz DJs or even hunt down some classic 30mm, bolted brace Bombers (Rose tinted memories)

The other thread someone bunged up asking about what colour parts to put on their white frame got me worrying about the aesthetics of my current build…

mark_b
    Free Member

I’ve got no forks and I can’t decide if I should go for some manly rigids, opt for some Basic Marz DJs or even hunt down some classic 30mm, bolted brace Bombers (Rose tinted memories)

The manly rigids i removed from my DJ bike were very very manly – much more so than the forgiving P2’s i have on my xc bike.

Argyles (which i use) and other DJ forks aren’t a really soft option – they just take the edge off the bigger hits. My wrists are always grateful.

tomhoward
    pastcaring
    Free Member

26 brooklyn big ben (custom geo)

24 brooklyn acl

petersnell
    Free Member

In a shameless plug style, I’m selling my 2005 transition trail or park frame soon!
    Will be cheap!

cookeaa

It seems my build is acquiring a colour scheme almost by accident, I dug out some old Psylos from my garage last night, crap fork in need of some renovation but essentially free so they will do for the time being, guess what colour they are… That’s right, White!

So I’ve got a Cream/White frame, white cranks (which didn’t look too bad up against the frame actually) and now some white forks…
    It’s going to be gopping isn’t it.

Anyone know a good place to get vinyl wrap graphics done cheap?

letmetalktomark

My Trailstar:

Currently in the process of building a larger early 2000’s Kona to hury myself on.

_tom_
    Free Member

Currently this but I’m thinking of ditching it and just rebuilding my Blender SS/rear brake and hard forks.. it’s more versatile and tbh I’m more comfortable riding a bigger bike. The BMX is pretty effortless to jump in comparison though, you always forget how much momentum the big wheels and suspension seem to rob you of..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Inspiration request – DJ bikes!’ is closed to new replies.