Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Insole material?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Got some SIDI – Very comfy apart from the insole – I put a heal raiser as I have very flat feet and they are nearly perfect.

Anyone use some thin spongy, material you can cut to fit just to give a tiny bit more comfort in the toe mid sole region (under the insole) as its nearly spot on – were only talking 1-2mm thick stuff I guess 🙂 BTW I have tried my speccy insoles they just dont fit 🙂

Macavity
    Free Member

cork

marsdenman
    Free Member

OK, so, not quite what you're asking and, not sure how they work for flat feet but, look up Superfeet insoles.
    Pricey but, IME, worth every penny – I have them in cycling shoes (black version) and walking boots (green version).

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have considered it but think i'll try and find a cheaper alternaive first 🙂

MSP

Superfeet are awful in my experience, depends how badly it effects you, I used to get really bad pain in my feet after an hour or twos cycling, use these http://www.yoursole.co.uk/products/footbeds/softec/response/ now and have no problems. But again they are pricey.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Right – got some 2mm thick washable flat insoles from Boots for £1.99 – I just wated a littel more spongyness int eh forefoot so hopefully these should be spot on (can be cut to fit ) 🙂

Cheers for the suggestions though :_)

z1ppy

I can see the OP is satisfied but I have to backup Marsdenman, Superfeet are ace, and do have a return policy/guarantee if you don't like them.
    The main thing is that you get them fitted properly and not just buy them off the internet. I originally balked at the price when recommended some on here, but after a couple of hours walking in a new pair of boot I needed something to deal with the sole. So my g/f & I went to an outdoor shop and bought some superfeet (a size larger than the box sizing suggest – we then cut them down – hense my warning a professionaly fitting helps) and walked up Snowdon the next day without the issues we'd suffered the previous day. I now swap them between all my mtb/walking boots, as and when I need them.

foxyrider
    Free Member

You never know I might be back on here 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

+1 for superfeet. get them properly fitted. They don't go based on size but where your arch is. I also run some in the shoe wedges under the forefoot as well in my shoes.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have No arch – My feet are flatter than a dolphin flipper – My wife calls then hobbit feet as they are big, flat and hairy 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Insole material?’ is closed to new replies.