Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Insinkerator experts?
  • Kryton57

So, our sink grinding thingy keeps tripping the electric. I’ve checked for jams, the motor is turning fine, the “reset” button pressed in. It’ll work for 30 seconds with the cold tap run then that’s it. Could it be overheating?

Any experts about?

kraftyslices

Does it sound normal when you’re running it? If it sounds fine then there’s probably something more seriously wrong like water getting into the wrong places.

Used to have an insinkerator in the old house but can’t say I miss not having one especially given all councils seem to collect food waster now.

Good luck

Kryton57

Can a plumber easily remove the unit and plumb in the relevant pipes, or will I have a “special” sink? I’m guessing the latter…?

kraftyslices

If its like mine the hole in the sink is much larger than normal so I would imagine it’s not all that straightforward. Also there was a drop of an inch or two to the plug which would be annoying.

Saying that, we had a grilled adaptor thingy which we could sit in the hole so we could effectively use it as a normal sink anyway although it probably wouldn’t be a long term solution.

I’m sure you wouldn’t be the first to ask a plumber so they would probably be more qualified to tell you than me!

thetallpaul
    Free Member

At our last house the macerator died and as far as I remember it was easy to find the parts to plumb into the outlet. I either went to B&Q or plumb centre for the bits.
    Have a search on B&Q’s website for sink and then select plumbing. There are a number of options depending on the size of aperture in your sink.

Didn’t miss that gadget at all, apart from when the wife cleaned out the glass wasp trap 😕

Rio

They fit in standard sinks in place of a basket strainer, so you’ll need something like this if you remove it: http://www.screwfix.com/p/basket-strainer/97562?_requestid=39907.

philbert31
    Free Member

Yes, you’ll need a Franke 90mm basket strainer waste (plus overflow if necessary). They’re between 14-20 quid.

T1000
    Free Member

swap it out with a basket strainer and get one of these

Worm Composting

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Insinkerator experts?’ is closed to new replies.