Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Insidious 1 and 2 (the Movies)
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Hey, so I’m off to see Insidious 2 tomorrow at the cinema. Do I need to watch the first one or is the story line fairly easy to pick up? Also I’d be grateful if someone could just give a quick summary of the first one to save me watching it 🙂 .

Ta!!!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Watch it as it follows on from the first (looking at the trailers).

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Basically to sum up…. In the first one there’s lots of long pauses and silence followed by a sharp burst of loud noise to make you jump. As Mark Kermode described it; cattle prod cinema.

That’s all you really need to know.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrsToast
    Free Member

It’s fairly bonkers, so here’s a recap:

SPOILERS AHOY!

Family have a kids, one of whom ends up in a mysterious coma. He’s sent home, and then terrifying and ghostly things start to happen. OH NOES!

His family, rather sensibly and contrary to every other family in these sorts of films, move to another house. Unfortunately, things still keep on happening and they end up getting a physic. Turns out that it’s not the house that’s haunted – it’s the son! DUUUN DUUUN DUUUUUN!

At this point it goes a bit bonkers. It turns out the comatose child has the ability to astral project into the afterlife, and the spirits of the dead and demonic forces are trying to nab his body so they can live again.

In another twist, it turns out that SKEPTICAL DAD also had this ability, but his mother and the physic managed to turn it off when he was a child as he was being stalked by the spirit of an old woman in black. He has to have those powers reactivated so he can astral project, find his son and bring him back.

He does it! Great success! Only it’s suggested that something came back with him, possibly possessing him – the old woman from his childhood. The physic ends up dead, having taken a photo just before she died – which shows the old woman. OMG!

Aaand there’s where the sequel starts.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Nice one Mrs T!!! 😀

Pook

Not nearly enough rainbows in that Mrs toast. I am disappoint.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I rated the first one, I like horrors and I liked this because I expected less as in the usual, possession/exorcism type affair but it’s a bit deeper in that it’s about astral-projection and the way they portrayed it was pretty good IMO.

Not seen the sequel but the end of the first one definitely leads on. Besides, the bit at the very end of the first one is a right twist! 👿

MrsToast
    Free Member

Well, they had to hold something back for the sequel…

CountZero

Or rainbow unicorns… 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Insidious 1 and 2 (the Movies)’ is closed to new replies.