Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Inside No. 9
  • Drac

It’s back.

senorj

Good.
    I was rather happy the recent Dracula had a cabin number 9 central to the plot.
    🙂

kelvin

Happy clapping.

IdleJon

I was rather happy the recent Dracula had a cabin number 9 central to the plot.

The crapness of Dracula (and Martin’s Close, adapted by Gatiss at Xmas) has made me start to think about the writers’ inputs. I watched the stage version of TLOG last night and noticed how many of the good characters were Steve Pemberton and how few were Gatiss. Be interested to know how much he contributes to Inside No9.

Digby

I watched the stage version of TLOG last night and noticed how many of the good characters were Steve Pemberton and how few were Gatiss. Be interested to know how much he contributes to Inside No9.

Inside No9 is Pemberton & Shearsmith. Gatiss is not involved, but there are nods etc.

Personally I prefer Inside No9 to TLOG, but suffice to say I think Steve Pemberton is one of the best character actors around at the moment, and I love the broad sweep of writing and genres that they cover in Inside No9. One of my favourites is ‘Bernie Clifton’s Dressing Room’

the-muffin-man

Can’t wait for this – Inside No.9 has given us some superb one off programmes.

The “The 12 Days of Christine” being a stand-out episode for me. So much drama and emotion in 30 minutes.

Drac

That episode is just pure brilliance.

I watched it again a few weeks ago and it’s still had me in awe, I then put it on for the Mrs and spotted some very clever clues with the music and sounds that I’d completed missed.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Not watched any of this.

Is there a past episodes catch up thingy on iplayer?

BoardinBob

A genius series. Every episode is absolute genius.

It’s on sky/now TV at the moment I think if you’re after past episodes

Drac

Possibly but it’s on Netflix.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Cool, can do Netflix.

Cheers

squirrelking
    Free Member

First episode (Sardines) is mildly amusing.

Second episode (A Quiet Night In) is absolute slapstick brilliance.

IdleJon

Inside No9 is Pemberton & Shearsmith. Gatiss is not involved, but there are nods etc.

Thanks – I should have just googled it! 🙄

bonzodog
    Free Member

Watched the first 4 episodes (S1) last night. I realised then that Id watched the tramp ep before.

First episode (Sardines) is mildly amusing.
    Second episode (A Quiet Night In) is absolute slapstick brilliance.

Agree. Like a modern day Laurel & Hardy sketch but menacing & darker.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Just a bit of nerd triv. An ornament of a Hare appears in every episode.

IdleJon

Just a bit of nerd triv. An ornament of a Hare appears in every episode.

Just a bit of nerd triv – you say that in every Inside No9 thread. 😀

Pook

Excellent tonight. And nice to see Nick Mohammed who is a friend of a friend*

Not very subtle Game of Thrones references

*went to uni with a mate. Saw him at Edinburgh in 2006 or something.  Very remote connection

gobuchul
    Free Member

Has anyone heard the next series is released? The last I heard was “Spring 2023”, well the clocks changed 2 days ago, so where is it?

didnthurt

Did you see the Christmas one?

Cougar

Not in Spring.

Cougar

From the Radio Times:

There’s no confirmed release date for Inside No. 9 season 8 just yet, but the BBC has announced that the show will return to BBC Two and iPlayer in spring 2023.

The previous season debuted in April 2022, so it’s possible that the show could return to that month once more, with scripted dramas often adhering to a roughly annual production cycle.

P20

What’s Psychoville like? It somehow passed me by. I love No.9 and enjoyed LoG. Worth purchasing/renting?

sadexpunk

What’s Psychoville like? It somehow passed me by. I love No.9 and enjoyed LoG. Worth purchasing/renting?

yes definitely.

pk13

Psychoville is wonderfully odd.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Whoever wrote the current series of Grace had definitely watched or worked on Psychoville, one of the characters could be lifted directly from it.

P20

Excellent. Thank you 😊

gobuchul
    Free Member

Well it’s back 10.00pm Thursday, BBC2.

nickjb
    Free Member

Just series linked it and this Thursday it says is episode 2/6. Looks like the Xmas special is part of this series and we are only getting another 5.

P20

P20

Drac

Well it’s still as brilliant.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.