• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by tomd.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Insanely cheap mtb travel insurance with Coverwise – any reasons to avoid?
  • Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

I’ve been looking at annual travel insurance for a couple. Compared various usual options(Dogtag, Snowcard etc)for “active” cover and was getting quotes around £100 to £150.

Moneysupermarket threw up a company called Coverwise. £16 for annual cover for 2 adults with only racing and the most mental of sports excluded. Other cover was fairly reasonable. This just seems crazy cheap, surely hardly covering the admin.

I’m tempted, and after reading the T&Cs cover to cover I can’t see any reason not to. Google doesn’t scream “avoid”. However the mantra of “if it seems to good…” is ringing in my ears. Any experiences out there?

Premier Icon sandwicheater
    Subscriber

T&C’s advise no personnel accident cover while cycling. I’m out.

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

Yes but also have BC membership which includes that so not a big deal

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

Shameless bump for the morning crowd.

zoo200

does the British Cycling personal accident cover trips abroad?

you know that saying “too good to be true”?

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

I actually bought it, I can always cancel within cooling off period. So they took my £16 and issued certificate. I am aware of “to good to be true”.

The BC 3rd party cover seems to be valid overseas, so long as you’re normally resident here.

Subscriber

I take it you have the Race Gold BC membership tomd?

Just check coverwise will still repatriate you if you have an accident from cycling.

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

Just silver BC. I think the race gold provides 3rd party cover for racing. All the membership classes have 3rd party for non competive cycling.

Subscriber

I think only the gold gives you the personnel accident cover while abroad. Who will pick up the bill if you smash your face on something while cycling?

Think I’m confusing personnel accident and medical expenses (my knowledge on travel insurance is weak).

Premier Icon tomd
    Subscriber

I’m only talking about the 3rd party covery aspect of the BC membership. e.g. if I crashed into a walker while riding a trail and they sued me for £3million I would be stuffed as the travel insurance excludes that.

The travel insurance cover the risk of costs arising from injuries to me. Medical expenses etc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Insanely cheap mtb travel insurance with Coverwise – any reasons to avoid?’ is closed to new replies.