Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Inpatient Ebay-er………!
  • Premier Icon LardLover
    Free Member

Wow…….just wow.

Had an offer for some gloves I’m selling on ebay.
    The buyer then followed up his offer with a message saying “let me know and I pay straight away”

Then another message 13 mins later asking if I got his message.

Then another message 7 mins after that asking “Do you often make it a habit of avoiding paying buyers?”

THEN, he left it another 8 mins before messaging again saying “I will pay full price and will leave feedback accordingly based on you rlack of communication. Very bad customer service skills”

I’m speechless……….all this in the space of less than 30 mins.

Anyone else come across someone this inpatient?

Oh, in the meantime he’s bought the gloves for the asking price and the messages continue……saying it’s time for me to pay, pay with shitty feedback from him.

Wow………just wow. Do I cancel it and return his payment?

Premier Icon mashr

Yeah I’d be binning him off instantly. If this is what he’s like before buying I can only imagine the fun when he receives them

Premier Icon LardLover
    Free Member

Yeah, just cancelled the order and reported him. He’s managed to leave his feedback though in the meantime.

Premier Icon thegeneralist

Perhaps he needs them urgently to cycle home from hospital…

Premier Icon oldtennisshoes

Perhaps he needs them urgently to cycle home from hospital…

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon

Some people are wierd. I had a similar one, followed up with a rant because I accepted the same offer price from someone else. 🤣

Premier Icon flicker
    Free Member

Wow………just wow. Do I cancel it and return his payment?

Yes.

Can you imagine the tsunami of messages if it’s held up during delivery?

Premier Icon ogden
    Free Member

I had this a few weeks ago when I sold some forks on Facebook, the fella sent me 40-50 messages in about 3 days 😳. I said I’d send them that week 48hr delivery but ended up sending them the next day 24 and then he kicked off when parcelforce didn’t deliver them the next day and started talking about refund for postage. I was convinced he was gonna kick up a fuss when he received them but he didn’t.

Premier Icon didnthurt

Maybe people are used to Amazon Prime type speed of delivery and then try to apply this to everything they buy online. 🤷

Premier Icon didnthurt

I was once selling a frame on ebay listing it as collection only. Yet still got a barrage of messages from one guy about me sorting out a courier to deliver to him, yet I told him straight from the start that I did not want the hassle of this. I suppose if you don’t ask then you don’t get.

Premier Icon kayla1
    Free Member

Cancel, block and report to ebay. **** nutter. They’re part of the reason I’ve binned off ebay, pretty much.

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

I think you should name the buyer so we can all add him to our blocked buyers list. A little heads up for everyone.

Premier Icon z1ppy
    Free Member

Friend sold some bike bits lately, he messaged the buyer that it would be in the post the next day, with proof/ tracking supplied, you know as he was at work that day. The buyer put a hold on his payment, which was still in place a week after it was delivered, & seemingly only lifted when my friend complained to the buyer. Wtf is that about?

Premier Icon LardLover
    Free Member

his ebay username is: raceki-87

He messaged some more, and sent an offer for something else I’m selling, all so that he can leave me more negative feedback. He’s committed I’ll say that.

Premier Icon convert

This one really required the long game.

1. Soak up abusive messages with a smile. Neg feedback can be removed by ebay at another time.
    2. Jizz in gloves – Make sure it gets right down into the finger tips then allow to dry.
    3. Post to your new best friend
    4. Wait a month or 6 to ensure gloves are well used.
    5. Send anonymous photo evidence of gloves being abused.
    6. Sit back and wait for more abusive emails only this time he’ll be typing it with fingers he’ll never be able to look at the same again.

Premier Icon LardLover
    Free Member

convert – no way! you didn’t????!!!

Oh man that is just pure class, made me chuckle.

Premier Icon oldnick

One step beyond weeing in shoes.
    Or maybe an opportunity to say “That ejaculated escalated quickly”.

Premier Icon grahamt1980

And that there is the reason all clothing bought on ebay gets washed before use

Premier Icon haggis1978

I did something close to what Convert is suggesting to a dick at work a few years back who was blading me. He had taken his own mug to work with him (North Sea Oil Platform) and so I sat my ballbag in it round where he put his lips and took photographs. 6 months later I emailed them to him.

Premier Icon teadrinker

Not related to eBay but a revenge story I did once after my ex had an affair. The guy she had an affair was happily leaving his belongings all over our house that I was still paying for at the time and I was over looking after our children whilst my ex was at work. After bath time I cleaned the bathroom and toilet, with his toothbrush.

Childish I know but made feel better.

Premier Icon sssimon
    Free Member

Swsu-76 would be a similar rear ive had in the last few weeks, complete lunatic. Started harassing me via text (business account so have to display a number dispute using it to contact me being against their regulations)

Premier Icon bobgarrod
    Free Member

Just had someone tell me he’s going to report me to ebay and trading standards because I don’t courier an item to some remote scottish island – i told him if he’d asked nicely – but now he’s on my blocked buyers list and i hope he reports that too. Lifes too short to deal with these people.

Premier Icon Poopscoop

Op, is the buyer low feedback? Ie, hasn’t not a clue how ebay actually works?

I don’t know how to “find him” on ebay, I tried but failed.lol

Premier Icon v7fmp
    Free Member

It seems fairly commonplace these days.

Or people just dont read your listing with regards to dispatch times etc.

Luckily he hasnt kicked off, but i sold some engine oil recently on ebay. Posted it within the suggested time frame, and the chap asked me where it is as he has his car booked in for a service. According to the tracking info, it wasnt going to get to him in time. Personally i wouldnt leave it to such chances!

A while back i also attempted to buy some Pike Ultimates from a chap on pinkbike. We agreed a price and i said i would send payment over. Between my last message to him and driving home from work, saying hello to my family etc, he sold them to someone else, as he got ‘bored’ waiting for me to pay. A window of about 2 hours i reckon. I told him it was a dick move, but he wouldnt have it.

Then ensued many messages back and forth with me trying to point out he made a poor choice and him trying to convince me that i was a time waster. Needless to say it didnt achieve anything.

But yeah, some people are utter morons.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

Between my last message to him and driving home from work, saying hello to my family etc, he sold them to someone else, as he got ‘bored’ waiting for me to pay. A window of about 2 hours i reckon. I told him it was a dick move, but he wouldnt have it.

I’ve had similar a couple of times on pb, only ever when I’ve paid pp and covered fees instead of friends and family, which makes me think I’ve dodged a bullet.

On one occasion the delay must have been 10 minutes at most between him confirming his pp address and me paying. Apparently in that 10minutes someone turned up and paid cash completely unexpectedly.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.