Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • innotab 3s tips
  • D0NK

can someone convince me my father in law hasn’t wasted too much money on this POS. I know I’m biased (he ignored my advice to buy a proper -cheaper- tablet) but I’m losing the will to live waiting for the **** thing to do anything (I thought I spent a lot of time staring at the windows ring of tiresome waiting)
    Adding their favourite videos looks doable, handbrake, sd card, just a bit of a pita having to convert them.
    The progress reports seem like they might be useful if we ever actually get around to checking up on them.
    But
    it’s slow
    1 free app the rest you have to pay through the nose for £3 for vtech stuff £8 for branded guff and absolutley no free just for fun games, infact I’m think there are any actual games. No fun looking stuff from independents.
    it’s slow
    Crap response from the touch screen, has lead to me repeatedly mashing the screen with my pudgy digits and sometimes the stylus doesn’t work either
    slow
    Go to the setting screen and it’s all in portrait along with profile pics, everything else in lanscape.
    Oh and did I say it’s slow.
    Of course it remains to be seen whether kids will put up with it/like it.

So any tips? What did your kids like? what did you install/edit?

verses

We had the Innotab 2. From what you’ve written it sounds like the only difference between them is the changing of the sticker to say 3 instead of 2.

– It was slow to use.
    – Screen unresponsive a lot of the time
    – Games expensive
    – A bugger to integrate with anything (transcoding vids faff etc)

The only plus was that the games did keep my daughter quiet and she seemed to enjoy it, but even she found the numb screen response frustrating.

Oh and I’ve just managed to eBay it for a decent price so it’s held its value, although I almost feel bad for the people who bought it.

All in all, I’d say your F-i-L has wasted his money, sorry…

D0NK

Kinda backs up my suspicions, better keep quiet on the “told you so” front tho, already a bit of a touchy subject with my mrs

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

If only you knew someone who worked in IT, bound to be someone on here 😉

D0NK

I could probably read up on them and learn about them, hack them, maybe stick a different OS on them, allow homebrew apps and do all sorts, but so far they just don’t seem worth it.

Besides the kids may not concur on what is/isnt a fun app, so I want opinion from proper experience.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Sale Of Goods Act. Not Fit For Purpose. Take It Baxk.

D0NK

Not Fit For Purpose

hmm my car is a lot slower than a ferrari ford mondeo, not sure I could return it for just being slow and a bit shit compared to the competition.

besides, not my purchase to return.

johndoh
    Free Member

I had a *very* quick look at them in Toys R Us – after a few clicks I realised that they were awful and that my kids would bore of them before they got past the first two or three goes – it was just click. W A I T. Click. W A I T. etc.

Nah.

D0NK

Damn, thought someone on the previous threads had said they were happy with their innotab, just looking back now can’t find any.

Maybe I should start a new thread

How do I tactfully say “take this shit back to the shop”?

D0NK

Forgot to say they do have ebooks on some of the games/apps, read aloud with karaoke style text to follow, another nice feature that I’ve not seen on android/ipad – but then again I haven’t been looking for kids ebooks before maybe there’s loads out there

verses

OK, my slightly less negative response…

– The market of games is very safe and it’s easy to find kid specific apps that aren’t inadvertently going to kill your credit card with in-app purchases.

– The games, while simplistic are very good for under 6s

– I was much happier letting my daughter play with the Innotab than my smartphone.

– Batteries seemed to last aaaaages.

But I have to say that I struggle to overlook the negatives.

If V-tech brought out their own Android marketplace I think they’d be on to a winner.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘innotab 3s tips’ is closed to new replies.