Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Inners Enduro trails first timer
  • fergal
    Free Member

Where would you start, i know it’s probably a case of go and look, but any firm favourites?

bigjim

strava has a lot of them. ride them all!

fergal
    Free Member

I know where most of the ones at Craberston are now, it’s the one’s on the trail center side i’m pondering, have ridden the easier downhill tracks a few times, so know the push up, do the Enduro trails start near Matador?.

DavidM
    Free Member

Do one of the Enduro races. You get all the best bits, a reet good bicycle race and a tonne of flapjack

Northwind

Easy to find the starts of the main ones, as you say they’re up near matador- classic goes off to the left a little before matador, then pass matador on your right, then there’s the alistair lees, then there’s a shit one on the left through the wall, then mince baby mince on the right then another flatter one on the right whose name I don’t know. Nice and visible and easy to follow.

Only thing you have to watch is that the first 3 there all have a break and sometimes folk miss the bottom sections. The Classic goes down to the red route- you carry on down the red, then onto the black, then just after the biggest uppy-downy rock garden turn right back onto the mud, easy to spot.

The Alistair Lees and Mince Baby Mince both cross a fire road and the next section’s not totally obvious- turn a little left on the first, and a little right on the second, and just keep your eyes peeled.

They are ace- nothing like as hard as golfcourse stuff, mind, but ace, tons going on.

fergal
    Free Member

Cheers Nord, do they hold up in the wet? Don’t really fancy my chances over t’other side, possibly a tad greasy 😀

Who needs bigger wheels to bring the trail to life.

Northwind

Yep, in fact the classic is almost ever dry 😆 (logic says the water should run off it, it’s like a swamp nailed to a 45 degree slope). The bottom half of mince baby mince isn’t always much fun though and it’s a wee bit more fragile. But the top half and the alistair lees are better wet than dry, bit of grease brings out their best I reckon.

Dougal
    Free Member

Fergal – That’s near on a new topic about this every week for a month.

Just enter one of the races (Inners Day & Night on 28th of November) or follow Strava, the same as you get told in every single topic.

bigjim

they certainly get wet, was up at the weekend and was the muddiest I’ve been for many months.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Inners Enduro trails first timer’ is closed to new replies.