Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Innerliethen – Boner in the wet!
  • fergal
    Free Member

Been waiting since the autumn to have a bash, but probably a bit foolish to attempt such an endeavour at present.
    1. unrideable
    2. you will damage the trail(be responsible)
    3. buy some spikes (**** it)
    4. Rule 5
    5. It really isn’t that hard (my gran has ridden it)

Which option should I choose.

cynic-al
    Free Member

A colleague was there at the xc at the weekend, not very wet at all (it drains well).

Hard? Depends on what you are used to. If you’re comfortable at GT then it may stretch you a little, but it is great fun.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did a mini DH on a weekend where it never stopped raining. Minions were fine apart from the bits where nothing worked. Lots of pairs of gloves was the key.

grum
    Free Member

Wots this then? Some ‘off-piste’?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

unless you mean the XC trails which are weather proof really

chickenman

Went down it a couple of weeks back, ended up pushing. Boner is particularly bad when wet and I don’t have spike tyres. The soil is not as stony north side of the river compared to the downhill area; turns to deep mud in the winter and all the folk on spikes locking their wheels and ripping up the bends has really not done any favours on Community Service, Repeat Offender etc.
    Give it a couple more weeks to dry or get someone to show you the monster new one nearby. 🙂

fergal
    Free Member

Cheers chickenman on the money, would really like a nice clean run.

trail_rat
    Free Member

certainly dont need spikes for the real inners. its all hard pack – and the offpiste stuff they like to build on fall lines so you ride a river.

just need your floatation armbands on for the puddles/running water

over the other sides a different story.

fergal
    Free Member

This is the north side of the river, the Inners DH on steroids.

I presuming this mega track Chickenman mentions is for the EWS, could be wrong though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah I though you had just popped over from pink bike and were getting a bit too excited about riding there

bigjim

north side of the river compared to the downhill area; turns to deep mud in the winter and all the folk on spikes locking their wheels and ripping up the bends has really not done any favours on Community Service, Repeat Offender etc.
    Give it a couple more weeks to dry or get someone to show you the monster new one nearby

useful to know, was trying to find out how things were on the north side, last time we went there the clay mud clogged wheels to the point of stopping them moving, which I’ve not had for a very long time, so not been back since. was thinking it might be best to let it be until it dries out a bit so as to not carve it up, some of the off piste at gt has been completely ripped apart this winter.

I’ve heard of this new golfy one too… no idea where it is though!

recipher
    Free Member

Didn’t ride Boner yesterday when I was there (3 ascents was enough), but the mess on Community Service has apparently been fixed by Neil.

3G was pretty rideable, particularly in the middle section, the top was a bit muddy. Repeat Offender was it’s usual brutal self, not any more muddy than last time it kicked my arse. Jawbone was rideable top to bottom.

Another couple of weeks like this week and I’m guessing Boner will be magic.

bigjim

ah I think i see something new on strava 😉

chickenman

ah I think i see something new on strava

.The push up from hell should keep folk off this one!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Innerliethen – Boner in the wet!’ is closed to new replies.