Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Innerliethen after the storm
  • fergal
    Free Member

Anyone have any updates on the present situation, is the downhill still officially closed, how bad is the fallen tree situation.

jamiep
    Free Member

Was there Friday. All open bar a 20m diversion.
    website shows latest conditions

Northwind

Part of the red climb is shut, above where the section was clearfelled, not sure what the diversion is- up the way, perhaps. I gather the official downhill is all open, there’ll be some race lines and shortcuts blocked I’m sure though but that’s no loss really. (uplift was on both days this weekend)

On the enduro stuff, there’s trees down on the ali lees and iirc one down on mince baby mince but they’re still ridable with short pushes/lifts- mind you there’s a stack of hanging trees near the start of the ali lees which are definitely a bit iffy. Not sure what’ll become of that, couldn’t see an easy diversion either. We took a wee bit of time to work down bart’s trail and cut away blockages but didn’t go very far down. DOn’t know about the classic, doggy bag, prospacker, etc, we only did a couple of runs.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Northwind, where are you getting all these trail names? I once had a detailed map of the DH trails with names on all the cut-betweens and smaller tracks but don’t know if one exists for the rest?

Northwind

Just picked ’em up from racing and riding tbh, don’t think there’s a map (probably shouldn’t be!) Alistair Lees is the enduro (*) trail that comes down just after matador- carry on down the muddy path past matador and it’s maybe 20 foot down, on the right. And mince baby mince is further along that same muddy slog, also on the right

(*- older than all this enduro shenanigans really)

goodgrief
    Free Member

so where are doggy bag and prospacker(!) ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Innerliethen after the storm’ is closed to new replies.