Innerleithen Enduro 30th Jan?

Home Forum Bike Forum Innerleithen Enduro 30th Jan?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Innerleithen Enduro 30th Jan?
  • Anyone doing this event? I have read about it on: http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com/search/label/propermtb?max-result=100

Seems like it could be a laugh but wondered what sort of course could be served up? For full on DH Gods or any reasonably competent rider?

Wouldn’t wanna pich up and look like a fool if its beyond my skills……

Premier Icon stuartlangwilson
    Subscriber

Should be a fun day out. Unless it is incredibly icy.

Premier Icon soulrider
    Subscriber

one word

SNOW

Diane

Well knowing the course designer it should be interesting 🙂 But no big drops etc . Might give it a go if i can look at the course first – just for a laugh – someone has to come last! (I’m serious (Mincer))

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Thinking of doing this one myself but going to wait til nearer the day to decide… Sounds like it might be a sort of racing I don’t hate, which would be nice

Wolfdog

I’ve entered. Can’t wait. I flatted out on the AE enduro last year in the last 1/3 of the last stage. Lost 30s, so will pay very careful attention to me tyre pressures this year for sure

I’m in. Not sure about no big drops. There’s 4 or 5 drops on Caddon Bank between 3 and 5 foot which should be good if that’s on the route.

Premier Icon thv3
    Subscriber

Last year I signed up early for the Alpine Winter series, and then it turned into a snow and ice fest.

Will wait till nearer the time this year I think and decide then based on weather.

Course should be good if Steve’s designing it.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

misterfrostie – Member

“I’m in. Not sure about no big drops. There’s 4 or 5 drops on Caddon Bank between 3 and 5 foot which should be good if that’s on the route.”

All can be rolled though so lets say no mandatory air.

I like the idea of this but the snow risk and probable no refund scares me off…

Thanks for the feedback guys. Think I will follow the ‘see nearer the time’ crowd. No mandatory air sounds good to me as-well!

Hopefully the snow will be away by then and we can have a good event….

hels

From the website – refund policy:

“Cancellation policy – adverse conditions

Dealing with adverse weather is part of the challenge of this series, however if the safety of riders and staff becomes an issue we may have to cancel an event. This will be announced on our website at 17.00 on the Thursday before the event, and riders will receive a refund minus an admin fee.

If a race is cancelled due to adverse or dangerous conditions any time after 17.00 on the Friday before the event we will refund a percentage of the entry fee taking in account any outlaid costs.”

Trying to be fair about it – events do have some outlaid costs in the event of cancellation and these are run as non-profit. It really does help if people pre-enter tho so trying to be reasonable to all concerned. We don’t leave debts on the hill.

cynic-al

this looks like fun. shame there’s no cafe 😉

cynic-al

this looks like fun. shame there’s no cafe 😉

hels

There will be food available, not quite sure who yet still asking around !

Parr

Ride into Innerleithen theres a cafe and 4 pubs 😀 , the course might just resemble round 3 of the Gravity Enduro series.

wenanwhere

The macdonald hotel currently has some good discounts on rooms. Family room £78 bnb. Snapped that bad boy up, way too early in the year for camping!

thegman67

Anybody got anymore news on this event

hels

What would you like to know ?

More info here http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com

or email me helen@innerleithenmtbracing.com

and the nice people at Dirt Magazine did an article on the series latest issue explaining the formats.

(Parr – steal our course will you ?? For a small fee may allow you to rent it….) 😀

cynic-al

I entered a while ago. I think it should be great fun and am looking forward to it.

Barely done any of that kind of riding for ages, Hels is there a singlespeed orcross bike category?

hels

Its not about the bike Al….

Although if you turn up on that 80s bike and gear we saw the pictures of a while back I think I could come up with a Special Prize category.

100mphplus

I’m entered and really looking forward to it rather than racing in the Winter DH up there. Better winter training than the normal DH races too. 😀

Diane

Well I’ve just been shown round the course – FAB – well done guys you always seem to come up with the goods 😀 That’s me entered – can’t wait!

Premier Icon Simon
    Subscriber

Can you give us any clues about the course?

cynic-al

Hels I’d need a time machine for that but I could rustle up a 92 Fisher…but if singlespeed isn’t good enough for you…

stooo

Just entered…. considering it an easy warm down event after the ‘puffer.

Should be fun 🙂

Diane

Simon – It’s 3 different tracks – each slightly harder than the last. A mix of DH and XC tracks. Not too steep but technically difficult – mud, roots ,rocks …. In other words FABBY 😀

You will need to choose your kit to suit the weather. DO IT!

Premier Icon FraserCook
    Subscriber

I will be there. I am looking forward to it, all be it with a certain sense of trepidation.

Premier Icon Simon
    Subscriber

Thanks for that Diane, sounds like fun. I entered before Xmas so no going back now. I’m hoping for the weather to stay dry & frosty!

cynic-al

I’m really looking forward to it…going as a nae mates so please say hello 😀

Off to ride Inners at the weekend, ages since I’ve been.

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

I’m going to Inners on Sunday, to see what state the trails are in but more importantly see what state my legs are in.

I’ll be signing up if all is good

hels

PSA – 30 places left at this event. Free entry if you can provide a marshal for the day on sunday (07.45 report for marshal briefing). Guess I should put that on our website too.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Just signed up myself. The DH trails were in great shape on tuesday, loose enough to grip like mad and move around a little but not wet or soggy. I guess being on a 45 degree slope helps drainage :mrgreen: So signed up, looking forward to it!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen Enduro 30th Jan?’ is closed to new replies.