Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Innerleithen Day Night Enduro
  • rugbydick

Innerleithen Day Night Enduro – who’s on board?

Northwind

Aye, I’m in… Got my excuses polished and everything. Have you ridden the route? It’s a corker…

martinxyz
    Free Member

aye.

rugbydick

Haven’t ridden the route. Still debating whether to takes lights or just to navigate using the Force…

Should be a good race,

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Check… some parts familiar, some not, so should be interesting: munching carrots as I type.

Phil_H

I’m in.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Yep i’m in, should be a good race on great trails. Think Helen still has a few sets of Full Beam lights to lend for folk who don’t have lights.

Stu

In! Wouldn’t have thought you’d get too far without lights – its seriously dark in the woods by 4pm! 😯

bigthunder
    Free Member

Theres a few on the trail scotland forum doing this as well. Saw some of the trails last week and the look good. Bit muddy right enough!

Northwind

rugbydick – Member

Still debating whether to takes lights or just to navigate using the Force…

I should like to see that. Though ironically of course I wouldn’t be able to :mrgreen: I’ve done some riding by moonlight/Force/Supersonicsonarradar, but on this occasion I would say it would be quite, quite foolhardy.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I’m in too. Not ridden the route yet, hopefully get a wee spin in on the day.

hels
    Free Member

There is one set of unbagged Full Beam loaner lights. There are also only 37 day entries left. Advise getting there early if you haven’t pre-entered.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’m well flipping excited for this.

Hopefully I’ll get there in time to have a decent look at the course before riding it – if its anything like the stages at the winter series enduro it should be brilliant…

martinxyz
    Free Member

where exactly is the race event? The carpark at the bottom of the dh/xc trails in Innerleithen?

martinxyz
    Free Member

No lights? Ugh. It wont really matter how dark it is without lights.. you wouldnt get to race without them anyways surely?

Northwind

martinxyz – Member

where exactly is the race event? The carpark at the bottom of the dh/xc trails in Innerleithen?

Start/finish is in the normal car park. Event goes all over the hill 😉

martinxyz
    Free Member

Sound,thanks!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I pedalled down and stopped for some ginger & a sannie (FFS the boy in the sannie van thought “ginger” meant ginger beer 🙄 )

Anyways I waddled 50ft or so uphill, got tired, and took some crap photos with my new fancy camera.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/webUpload?uname=100331215264228434307

cynic-al
    Free Member

If that link don’t work this one has a better chance.

https://picasaweb.google.com/100331215264228434307/InnerleithenEnduroNovember2011

RocketTom
    Free Member

‘Sorry, that page was not found.’ 🙁

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Brilliant event, great tracks, atmosphere and organisation. Good to see some top names there. Thanks to the organisers and all involved,, especially the marshals!

rugbydick

Great event, well organised, but absolutely brutal.
    I felt like I’d gone a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson this morning…

Snapping my chain on the first corner of the first stage didn’t help! 13 minutes, which included retrieving my chain from the mud and finding a power link to fix it…

@cynic-al you got me! photo

creaser
    Free Member

Top event but very hard work, glad i did it though, was mad in the dark even with good lights

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

That was fantastic. Enduro is the most enjoyable race format by a million miles and that was a good one. Looking forward to the winter series now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good stuff rugbydick, I’ll try and make the pics less crap next time

rugbydick

You need to pan with the rider (i.e. follow them with your lens).
    It makes the moving subject clear and the background blurred. That gives an impression of speed and makes for a good “action” photo.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I will try and get a couple of pics up tonight. Only around 5 came out though! I bottled one of the steeper sections and had to jump off. Once i got on again i came off and slapped my head off a tree falling backwards and landed on my elbow.The helmet delaminated a little.It was a road helmet but still so glad of it! Chris ball catching me up with a puncture took the piss a bit but much respect!

martinxyz
    Free Member

creaser.. i had a sixpack on the bar and a joystick on the helmet and still wanted more! The sixpack was overkill for all the distance i wanted to see in front so a maxxd would have been fine.Would have been better off with something more powerful on the helmet though. Having used the exposure diablo before i recon it might have been good enough on its own. The joystick is fine for a backup on average trails (or on its own for easy singletrack night riding – ive managed fine) but i personally recon it would be useless for those downhill trails at inners.A lightweight headtorch with around 1500 *lumens would do me fine.

*exposures version of a lumen.. or whatever is similar to this in the other brands version of Lumens ;O)

Cynic, did you enjoy peoples comments when taking pics? Just about everyone that passed me had something funny/witty/daft to say as i took a few snaps.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I know that RD ta, I think there wasn’t enough light, or I need to work out how to use my new fancy camera 😀

Northwind

What a great day out… Absolutely buggered today though :mrgreen: Haven’t a clue how I did overall, wee crash in stage 3 messed my hand up a little but I think I had too much else to worry about on stage 4 for it to slow me down that much :mrgreen: Getting back to the top the 4th time was bloomin hard. Absolutely brilliant…

More to come in January and February btw, watch the website and facebook. Big big thanks to all involved.

Stu

That was a bonkers day out. Glad I’m not the only one who is destroyed today! Thanks to the organisers and all the marshalls for making it happen and for getting the haggis van again!

trekstar
    Free Member

There is a report on the event over here if anyone is interested in reading it – http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1409&start=20

Northwind

He’d better have some of me, I wore my special white photography shirt and everything :mrgreen:

Spunkmonkey
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KV6fs5Zsjo&feature=share[/video]

Northwind

The one good AC/DC song!

Probably everyone is already aware but they’ve announced that the Alpine Winter Series is going to be 1 dh race, 1 standard enduro and another day/night enduro this year, instead of 3 dh races like last. So, see ya there… Probably looking as happy as this:

This is my happy face by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen Day Night Enduro’ is closed to new replies.