• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by hugo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Inner tubes for Islabikes Cnoc 14?
  • Shackleton

I need a new tube for daughters Cnoc14. The tyres are 33-254 (14×1.3), a size which appears to be unique to Islabikes. They are currently saying that delivery will take 35 days, which even allowing for coronavirus related things seems a bit ridiculous for putting off the shelf parts in a jiffy bag.

Does anybody know of an alternative supply of inner tubes that would fit? The smallest I can find are for 14×1.75-2.125 and I have no idea if these will be way too fat to get the tube into the tyre even without air.

Help?!

daern
    Free Member

14 x 1.5″?
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/michelin-i4-airstop-kids-bike-tube/rp-prod147285

I’m sure they’d be fine assuming the 29mm valve is ok. (can’t be too long or you’d never get a pump head on it to inflate because of the small wheel!)

Shackleton

Thank, I’d seen them but thought they were for the wrong 14″ wheel size (47-288) so about 34mm too big a rim diameter than needed. I’ll have a closer look.

Stablebarns
    Free Member

Yeah don’t worry about the Isla bike standards with tubes…. Tubes are streeeeetchy. We have twins and two Cnocs, with the different tyres (one is the older moddle with fatter tyres). The tubes and replacements have been swapped in and out. Between other brands too, like the Frogg stuff. As long as it’s a 14″ wheel, you’ll get a good fit.

You might struggle getting a road tube that’s for 21-23c to fill up a 29 x 2.3 😉

But I think small increments are pretty fair game.

james-rennie

it’s a long time ago, but I seem to remember finding the right tubes by searching for bugaboo pram tyres. I know they’ve gone to using solid foam tyres now so it mayno longer apply, but worth a look if you’re stuck.

hugo
    Free Member

As mentioned, as long as you have a 14 inch tube then don’t stress it as there is a lot of wiggle room.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Inner tubes for Islabikes Cnoc 14?’ is closed to new replies.