Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Inner bash guard on a Cotic BFe/Soul
  • morpho1
    Free Member

Contemplating moving to a double bash guard set up on my BFe, was wondering if anyone had used a BBG/radium inner bash guard, does it fit? or does it rub the chain stay?

cy

Not heard of that one. Post up a link or pic of the bashguard you’re considering and I should be able to help.

mrmoofo

Why do you want the bash? – if you just want to keep the chain on, wouldn’t a commencial chain thingy do it? And with much less of a faff ….?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    morpho1
    Free Member

Thanks cy, it would be this, my only concern being that it will foul the chain stay.

chiefgrooveguru

I ordered a Radium for my Soul but then cancelled the order once I’d measured things properly – there’s no way it would clear the chainstay. Hope guide seems nice if you already have a bash ring.

Mackem

I had a BBG inner, the gap between the middle ring and the bash was just enough for the chain to get wedged in. So, you might have to bugger about with spacing. Now, I’m running a N-geat jump stop instead, not dropped chain so far. Still got the BBG outer ring. Looked like this…

cy

It’s a bit hard to see, but if that inner ring is a complete circle and attaches to the cranks then I don’t think it will fit. I think you would be better getting something that mounts to the ISCG.

Scamper
    Free Member

As above, run a BBG bash outer on my new Bfe and a N-gear jump stop on the inside. Had no dropping issues with this set up, nor on my previous Soul, helped further I presume by a short cage mech.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Blackspire Ring God

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Inner bash guard on a Cotic BFe/Soul’ is closed to new replies.