Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Inline Cable Adjusters
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

Just needing a bit of advice for my roadbike build – the frame doesn’t have down-tube cable adjusters so I’m thinking it might be a good idea to install inline barrel adjusters for on-the-fly-tweaking.

Are these Jagwire ones any good?

tinybits
    Free Member

Ooh! Dunno the answer to your question, but I think I’m now going shopping!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

They do this version too, but I can’t find it anywhere in the UK!!

GreenK
    Free Member

I haven’t used the Jagwire ones but have used the M:Part ones. They work fine but try to make sure they are in a straightish part of the cable. Got them from Evans – Search Cable Adjuster

Shibboleth
    Free Member

They’re nice Greenk, but they don’t look like a Stormtrooper’s bicep…

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Also, they come in pairs, but I think they’re only really necessary on the rear-mech cable, what do others think?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

What levers are you using?

I got some called JagWire Rockets that sit on the cable outlet of an old school Shimano lever and work a treat as per below pic

Shibboleth
    Free Member

These are for the latest Dura Ace shifters – both cables under the bar tape… The Rockets are great for the older style though!

GreenK
    Free Member

Rear mech often adjusts at the mech itself. Front mech usually needs one unless you’re good at pulling the tension just right. On cross bikes with MTB shadow mechs use one for each as the shadow mech doesn’t have an adjuster on it.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Good point, the rear mech does have a barrel adjuster but I’m looking for an on-the-fly adjuster…

I suppose technically, you shouldn’t need either, and the more crap you have in the cables, the more chance of movement, but most built up bikes come with some sort of adjuster…

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I’ve also used inline adjusters, think they were M-Part, which weren’t the neatest but did the job.

Shibboleth, I had to order my Rockets from the states as I couldn’t source them locally.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Well, I’ve just ordered a pair of the J2 adjusters – UK Bike Store had them in stock. They look a lot neater that the Shimano ones, and many of the ones I’ve seen on ready-builds…

I’ll report back when I’ve built it up!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Inline Cable Adjusters’ is closed to new replies.