Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 731 total)
  • Inktober
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

😆

No 9.

hmmmm, I think I made her look like something out of the original planet of the apes.

No sure about this looseness patter! I think I’ll keep at it but stop posting the results for a while!

Drac

Dr Zaius.

redthunder
    Free Member

No wrong that drawing…seosamh77

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    seosamh77
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Dr Zaius.

😆

redthunder
    Free Member

seosamh77
    Free Member

redthunder – Member

there’s bits I like about it, i think her left eye (light side ) and the nose has some potential.

Will take me a while till I’m somewhere comfortable with this way of drawing, never really done it. I think I should investigate how to do some hair! Will take me a bit to get used to these brush pens I just purchased as well, never used them either. I can get tonal now though, got 5 shades of grey!

the fire engine is class btw.

seosamh77
    Free Member

haha, i made a jimi hendrix impersonator! 😆 this drawing faces malarky is blinking hard! guess you need to do 100 before you get even close to good!

no10.

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Looks good to me sesomah.

My first go at batman, not happy with the head, and arms a bit short. Fudged the hands.

seosamh77
    Free Member

getting better can’t bike! 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

Went with the prompt today….and an excuse to draw dinosaur 🙂

Lamy AbC and Quink Ink.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CcLqSm]10/31 Gigantic #inktober #inktober2017 Lamy ABC pen Quink Ink[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

jimjam
    Free Member

😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆

Drac

😆

Now now!

seosamh77
    Free Member

redthunder – Member
    Went with the prompt today….and an excuse to draw dinosaur

you’ve got a fair old bit of skill with the red red, that’s great!

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Loving the photo realistic style dog there 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

I can’t be arsed any more. And I’ve lost my place on the prompt list (not that I was sticking to it too closely anyway. Kind of tempted to do a Sin City doodle or Ninja Scroll but I’ve just gotten broadband back to full steam after a weekend of severly strangled usage and I’ve got about 30 youtube vids to watch. Decisions decisions

seosamh77
    Free Member

stick at it, try a different style/list/subject, i’m enjoying jumping about the place with different things.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’m tempted to try a really simple Marv or something. Just because he’ just so monolithic.

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

Come on Jimjam, keep going, I need to keep seeing the stuff I aspire to achieve!

redthunder
    Free Member

Liking the Wolverine 🙂

Also, stuck all my drawings so far on Google Site 🙂
    https://sites.google.com/view/inktober2017

seosamh77
    Free Member

No11

redthunder
    Free Member

Liking the wasp 🙂 Great drawing.

seosamh77
    Free Member

ta, happy enough with it, think I could have made the middle body a bit more 3 dimensional though. Could really do with colour too i think, but that’ll wait, I’ve already spent about 45 quid on pens and paper! 😆

liking the quickness of these brush pens, starting to understand them a little.

jimjam
    Free Member

Nice wasp Seosamh. Nature’s bastard. Where did you get the brush pen?

seosamh77
    Free Member

I just went into the art store in town, Cass Art it’s called, got a set of 6 Copic Ciao they are called, 5 tones from black to very light grey(double tipped, brush one side, thick/thin angled marker on the other side), plus another 0.3 pigment liner(I bought a range of staedler pigment liners for a tenner firstly (0.05 to 1.0).). Which is just as well, I’m a bit heavy handed and break those easy enough, think I’m better going a bit larger to 0.5/0.7 on the pens, and just making the drawings a bit larger..

Probably paid over the odds for them in there mind you were £21, would probably get them cheaper online no doubt.

I think I want a set of 20/30 brush colours now, plus a smaller set of brush pens too in all the greys for finer detail. I’m learning what I like.

jimjam
    Free Member

I checked my local art supply place but they didn’t have any. I think I’m just looking for something novel. They do look nice to use though. There’s a guy on instagram kimjong ungis or something and he’s incredible with them.

Tried to do two marv’s there. Complete shite. 3rd time lucky gonna go fast and loose and try not to over work it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

They are difficult to use, but it’s just a matter of getting used to them, the ability to vary line thickness is very good though, learning to control that is alot of fun! 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

I’m gonna be photo shopping this marv btw. Brace yourself.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’m out of any photoshop discussions! Made enough enemies on that yin! 😆 carry on!

jimjam
    Free Member

Bollocks to it anyway. Started photoshopping but no point. You get the idea.

seosamh77
    Free Member

That’s looking crackin! Mon you chin up!

jimjam
    Free Member

Thanks. You know yourself, it’s frustrating when you just can’t nail something and you know the amount of work to get over the hump is massive.

seosamh77
    Free Member

take a wee break, it’s just a mental state, come back in a bit refreshed, you’ll be sound. don’t give up, still most of the month to go so no rush!

jimjam
    Free Member

Yeah, cheers. You are right. I just added a few wee highlights and it looks ok. I’ll post it properly tomorrow.

mogrim

Here’s my first (crap) submission. Today’s theme is apparently “Gigantic”, so it’s a (back-of-an-envelope Pixie:

jimjam
    Free Member

Good effort. Keep it up. Also, don’t worry about the prompts so much if you don’t want to.

mogrim

Good effort. Keep it up. Also, don’t worry about the prompts so much if you don’t want to.

Cheers, not worried about prompts but they’re a handy way to make me draw something new 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

There seems to be a ton of different prompt lists out there so if the “official” one doesn’t suit you try checking out some of those.

holmes81
    Free Member

Yeah just use another prompt list if one doesn’t suit.

Like the pixie.

Here is mine for today:

Quite chuffed with it as my daughter walked up and said that’s iron man isn’t it! (Forgive the blurred picture and bleed through from previous day!)

seosamh77
    Free Member

looking good mogrim(Welcome! 🙂 nothing wrong with that) and holmes good stuff!

I don’t think I’ve used a prompt list at all tbh! 😆

No 12: Just getting ahead as I’ll probably be missing the weekend due to beer!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 731 total)

The topic ‘Inktober’ is closed to new replies.